Grover Anderson Ferrell
- Born: 3 May 1899, Amherst, Phillips County, Colorado
- Marriage: Alta Fern Hall on 4 Dec 1918 in Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado
- Died: 7 Jan 1989, Imperial, Chase County, Nebraska at age 89
- Buried: 10 Jan 1989, Holyoke Memorial Park Cemetery, Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary: Holyoke Enterprise, 19 Jan 1989, Holyoke, Colorado. Grover Anderson Ferrel was born May 3, 1899 on a homestead near Amherst. He lived to be almost 90 years old. He was preceded in death by three older sisters: Della, Elfie and Alta.
In 1918 he and Alta Hall were united in marriage. They had two children, Lowell of Imperial, Nebraska and Margie Machart of Denver.
Grover and Alta lived with their family on their farm and ranch in Colorado 25 miles southeast of Holyoke until 1941 when they moved to a farm seven miles south of Lamar, Nebraska. After the death of his wife in 1976 Grover continued to live in their home until March of last year when he moved to the Imperial Manor.
Grover was a hard working rancher and farmer. He was a good neighbor and highly respected by all. He was a generous man.
Grover had six grandchildren: Vicky Lynn Brown of Lodgepole, Nebraska, Lowell of Kansas City, Missouri, Jay Dee of Yuma County, Jeananne Hazelrigg, Kathleen Campbell and Rebecca Carrick, all of Independence, Missouri; and seven great grandchildren.
At the close of this year's Christmas letter which was sent out for him was this paragraph.
"We see the Lord's blessing in the storm or the calm, every change or challenge, in sickness or in health. May we all praise and thank our Lord and Savior daily for His many tender mercies. May we be ever aware in 1989 of the Lord's abundant blessing, willingly adjusting to His will."
Services were held January 10 at the Imperial Reorganization Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints with Stanley Smith and Lorin Draper officiating. Music was provided by Karen Trumper, organist and vocalists Jim, Marla and Shaun Smith.
Interment was in Holyoke Cemetery with Bullock-Long in charge of arrangements.
Grover married Alta Fern Hall, daughter of Charles Andrew Hall and Ida Alice Bish, on 4 Dec 1918 in Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado. (Alta Fern Hall was born on 8 Jul 1897 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska, died on 31 May 1976 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska and was buried in Holyoke Memorial Park Cemetery, Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado.)