Sarah Elvira Marble
- Born: 11 Sep 1835, Dunham, Missisquoi, Quebec, Canada
- Marriage: Elmer E. Kidder on 6 May 1856 in Riley, McHenry County, Illinois
- Died: 11 Dec 1916, Merricourt, Dickey County, North Dakota at age 81
- Buried: Mount Hope Cemetery, Edgeley, LaMoure County, North Dakota
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: Bedford Free Press, 16 Jan 1917, Bedford, Taylor County, Iowa. "GRANDMA KIDDER DEAD- The death of Mrs. Elmer Kidder occured at the home of her son, W. E. Kidder, near Merricourt, Monday morning Dec. 11th, at the age of 81 years and 3 months. The funeral took place at the Presbyterian church on Wednesday afternoon, Rev. Wells officiating. The choir rendered 2 selections and Mrs. Walsworth and Mrs. Neibauer sang "Beautiful Isle of Somewhere." Interment was made in the Mt. Hope cemetery. Elvira Marble was born on September 11, 1853 (should be 1835), at Dunham, Ontario. At the age of 5 years she emigrated with her parents to New York State, going down the St. Lawrence by boat. They lived there until her 16th year, she again emigrated with her parents to the State of Illinois. At the age of 20 she was united in marriage to Elmer Kidder and to this union was born 4 children Mrs J. E. Blackburn of Qunicy, Ill., Mrs L. P. Ormsby of Edgeley, W. E. Kidder of Merricourt and Mrs R. S. McKee of Vivian, SD. In 1875 she removed from Illinois with her husband to Iowa, where she remained until 1907 when she came to ND, where she remained until her death. In early life she with her husband joined the Congregational church and has lived a Christian life. She was a good and loving mother, always devoted to her family and to her home. Her husband preceded her to the great beyond in May 1914. The bereaved ones have the sympathy of the community in their sorrow."
Sarah married Elmer E. Kidder on 6 May 1856 in Riley, McHenry County, Illinois. (Elmer E. Kidder was born on 23 Nov 1835 in Athol, Worchester County, Massachusetts, died on 24 May 1914 in Merricourt, Dickey County, North Dakota and was buried in Mount Hope Cemetery, Edgeley, LaMoure County, North Dakota.)