Martha Evelyn Sutton
- Born: 16 Mar 1916, Oak Hill, Clay County, Kansas
- Marriage: Marvin Jerome Lister on 24 Aug 1937 in Kansas
- Died: 12 Jan 2011, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas at age 94
- Buried: 17 Jan 2011, Penwell-Gabel Cemetery and Mausoleum, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: Topeka Capital-Journal, 14 Jan 2011, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas. Mrs. Martha E. Lister, 94, of Topeka, passed away on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at Stormont-Vail Hospital. She was born on March 16, 1916 at Oak Hill, Kansas, the daughter of Maurice C. and Bessie I. (Fowler) Sutton.
Martha married Marvin J. Lister on August 24, 1937. He preceded her in death in 2001. Together they owned and operated a grocery store until their retirement in 1966.
She also worked at Brewster Place as the arts and crafts director and later volunteered her time there.
Martha was a member of Lowman United Methodist Church.
Mrs. Lister is survived by her daughter Marva Jean Early of Topeka, Kansas.
She was also preceded in death by her parents; sister, Myrna Small; and brother, Kenneth Sutton.
Funeral services will be at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, January 17, at Penwell-Gabel Mid Town Chapel. Burial will follow at Penwell-Gabel Cemetery. Mrs. Lister will lie in state after 3:00 p.m. on Sunday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Lowman United Methodist Church, 4000 SW Drury Ln., Topeka, KS 66604 To leave a special message for the family online, please visit www.PenwellGabelTopeka.com.
Martha married Marvin Jerome Lister, son of Joseph Richard Lister and Nancy Elizabeth Snoddy, on 24 Aug 1937 in Kansas. (Marvin Jerome Lister was born on 31 Dec 1914 in Willard, Shawnee County, Kansas and died on 8 Jul 2001 in Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas.)