|Emma C. Harter
Emma C. Harter
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1860, Indiana, Allen County, Eel River Township, Eel River Post Office, Image 17 of 26. Age 8/12 yr.
• Census, 1900, Kansas, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Roll 484 Book 1, Page 154a. Age 39 yrs., married 13 yrs. Shows her the mother of 6 children, and 6 children still alive.
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Lancaster County, University Place Ward 3, Roll 849 Book 3, Page 165b, East Holdredge Street. Age 48 yrs., number of marriages 2, age of first marriage 24, mother of 6 children, 6 children living.
• U.S. City Directory, 1915, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. Name:Emma C Marble (Widow)
• Census, 1920, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland City, Image 32 of 34. Age 59 yrs., widow.
• Census, 1930, Oregon, Multnomah County, Portland City, Image 6 of 12. Age 69 yrs., widow.
Emma married Hiram (High) Ephriam Marble Jr., son of Hiram Ephriam Marble and Olivia Watkins, on 12 Dec 1886 in Jewell, Jewell County, Kansas. (Hiram (High) Ephriam Marble Jr. was born on 24 Dec 1847 in Winslow, Stephenson County, Illinois and died on 7 Aug 1913 in Tillamook, Tillamook County, Oregon.)
Emma next married A.L. Brown on 8 Oct 1881 in Jewell Co, KS. (A.L. Brown was born about 1856.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Notice. Recorded in Jewell County Marriage Records, Vol. B, page 21