Samuel Curtis Fuqua
- Born: 24 Apr 1835, Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky
- Marriage (1): Margaret Jane Lee on 13 Dec 1853 in Greencastle, Putnam County, Indiana
- Marriage (2): Elizabeth Ann "Betsie" Lee on 31 Mar 1903 in Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska
- Died: 17 Apr 1910, Holdrige, Phelps County, Nebraska at age 74
- Buried: Apr 1910, Prairie Home Cemetery, Holdrege, Phelps County, Nebraska, Plot: B 77
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1840, Indiana, Putnam County, Monroe Township, Roll 91 Book 1, Page 410a.
• Census, 1850, Indiana, Putman County, Madison Township, Roll 167 Book 1, Page 481a. Age 14 yrs.
• Census, 1860, Iowa, Appanoose County, Shoal Creek Township, Centerville Post Office, Roll 311 Book 1, Page 464. Age 25 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1870, Iowa, Harrison County, Cincinnati Township, Yazoo Post Office, Roll 395 Book 1, Page 21b. Age 33 yrs.
• Census, 1880, Iowa, Pottawattamie County, Rockford Township, Roll 361 Book 1, Page 403b. Age 45 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1900, Nebraska, Phelps County, Lake Township, Roll 936 Book 2, Page 94a. Age 65 yrs.
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Phelps County, Ward-2, Holdredge Township, Roll 853 Book 1, Page 102a. Age 73 yrs. Living at 606 Miller Street.
• Obituary, 21 Apr 1910, Holdrige, Phelps County, Nebraska.
SAMUEL FUQUA GONE AFTER LONG ILLNESS
Passed Away at the Age of 74 Years - Funeral Was Held Monday.
Samuel Fuqua, who has been ill at his home in West Holdrege for several months, passed away Saturday morning at the age of 74 years, 11 months and 22 days.
Mr. Fuqua was born in Lexington, Ky., April 24, 1835. When he was two years old his parents moved from Kentucky to Indiana, where he later grew to manhood and was married to Miss Margaret J. Lee December 13, 1853. Two years later they moved to Appanoose County, Iowa. In the year 1881, they came to York County, Nebraska, where they resided three years before coming to Phelps County. After a residence of two years here they moved to Chase County and lived on a homestead seven years. In 1894 they returned to Holdrege and ever since then he made his home here.
Nine children were born to the family, seven of whom are living. They are, in the order of their birth; John, William, George, Samuel, Mrs. Margaret Kelly, Noah and Charles. The wife of his early manhood died March 31, 1900 and in March 1903 he was wedded to Elizabeth Ann Lee, who survives the departed one.
Mr. Fuqua led a rather quiet uneventful and at the same time consistent life. He became a member of the Christian church in his youth. The funeral services, which were conducted by Rev. E. C. Newland of the Methodist church, where held Monday noon and interment was made in the Prairie Home cemetery.
Samuel married Margaret Jane Lee, daughter of Thomas H. Lee and Mary Ann Turner, on 13 Dec 1853 in Greencastle, Putnam County, Indiana. (Margaret Jane Lee was born on 6 Jan 1835 in Manhattan, Putman County, Indiana, died on 1 Apr 1900 in Holdridge, Phelps County, Nebraska and was buried in Prarie Home Cemetery, Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska, Plot: B 77.)
Samuel next married Elizabeth Ann "Betsie" Lee, daughter of Thomas H. Lee and Mary Ann Turner, on 31 Mar 1903 in Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska. (Elizabeth Ann "Betsie" Lee was born on 7 Jan 1837 in Madison, Putnam County, Indiana, died on 22 Jul 1911 in Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska and was buried in Green Lawn Cemetery, Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska.)