Arthur Franklin Rooker
- Born: 21 Jan 1911, Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio
- Marriage: Ruby Charlotte Ault on 1 Jan 1940 in Ionia Township, Jewell County, Kansas
- Died: 13 Apr 1970, Ionia Township, Jewell County, Kansas at age 59
- Buried: Athens Cemetery, Athens Township, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Mitchell County, Glen Elder Township, District 108, Image 23 of 23. Age 9 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Mitchell County, Glen Elder Township, District 16, Image 10 of 13. Age 19 yrs., single.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 9 of 12. Age 29 yrs., attendant, gasoline service station.
• Obituary: Jewell County Record, 23 Apr 1970, Jewell County, Kansas. Rooker - Obituary - Arthur Franklin Rooker, son of George Edward and Sophia (nee Stoeber) Rooker, was born January 21,191, in Chillicothe,
Ohio. He departed this life at his home in Ionia, Kansas, April 13, 1970, at the age of 58 years, 2 months, and 23 days.
At the age oif 6 months moved with his parents to Glen Elder, Kansas. His entire life was spent in and around Glen Elder and Ionia where he met and married Ruby Charlotte Ault on January 1, 1940. To this union one daughter, Ruby lilene, and one son, Roger Clair, were born.
He leaves to mourn his death his faithful and loving wife, Ruby Charlotte; his daughter, Ruby Ilene, and husband, Jack, and grandson, Mark Aaron Schnorr df Wichita; his son, Roger Clair of Hutchinson; four brothers, Loren W. of Wichita. Cecil P. of Stockton, Orva R. of Oceanside, California, and
Wayne E. of Minneapolis; one sister, Elizabeth Sackhoff of Colorado Springs, Colorado; four sisters-in-law, Bertha, Mildred, Ina, and Esther; one
brother-in-law, Wilbur Sackhoff: an aunt, Emelie Davey, and husband, Maynard; one uncle, Frank Stoeber, and wife, Sadie; plus numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
Preceding him in death were his father and mother, one brother, Charles Stewart, and a sister, Ilda Mae.
He was employed by the Ionia Telephone Company from 1941until he was employed by the Jewell County Highway Department in I960 where he was a faithful employee until his death.
He was a member of the United Methodist Church in Ionia, Kansas.
To know him was to love him.
Funeral services were conducted in the Ionia United Methodist Church at 2:00 p.m., April 18. The minister was the Rev. David Trobt; music by Bob
Rose; and the casket bearers were Bob Badger, Paul Huffman, Joe Watkins, Vaughn Stafford, Harold Baylie, and Bill Butts, all employed by the Jewell County Highway Deaprtment. Interment was in the Althens Cemetery.
Arthur married Ruby Charlotte Ault, daughter of Lyman Clair Ault and Nellie Adelphia Fuqua, on 1 Jan 1940 in Ionia Township, Jewell County, Kansas. (Ruby Charlotte Ault was born on 28 Dec 1916 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska and was buried in Athens Cemetery, Athens Township, Jewell County, Kansas.)