Charles Merton Hall
- Born: 29 Apr 1915, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas
- Marriage: Opal Oliva Ault on 20 Sep 1941 in Sterling, Rice County, Kansas
- Died: 31 Dec 1988, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas at age 73
- Buried: 4 Jan 1989, Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Rice County, Sterling Township, Image 11 of 42. Age 4 yrs.
• Census, 1925, Kansas, Hodgeman County, Jetmore Township, Image 16 of 22. Age 10 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Rice County, Sterling Township, Image 31 of 41. Age 14 yrs.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Rice County, Sterling Town, Image 20 of 60. Age 24 yrs., single, caretaker, national guard armory.
• Obituary: Hutchinson News, 2 Jan 1989, Hutchinson, Reno County, Kansas. Charles M. Mall
STERLING - Charles M. Hall, 73, died Dec. 31, 1988, at Hutchinson Hospital. Born April 29, 1915, at Sterling, he married Opal O. Ault Sept. 20, 1941, at Sterling. He was a retired payroll and personnel officer for the Sterling Drilling Co. and a lifetime Sterling resident.
He was a member of the United Presbyterian Church, Sterling, church treasurer, a U.S. Army veteran, American Legion, Sterling, 40-8 Hutchinson, Amateur Radio Relay League, Air Capital Amateur Repeater Association, the
Rice County Amateur Radio Club, the Civil Air Patrol, and the Sterling Lions Club.
Survivors: wife, of the home; sons, Charles W Kingman, Ariz., Robert W., Belleville, III.; daughters, Rosemarie Ann Lane, Jonesboro, Ga., Trudy A. Lawson, Las Vegas; eight grandchildren; and one greatgrandchild.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church, the Rev. Kit Stanich. Burial will be at Sterling Community Cemetery, with full military rites. Friends may call from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Porter-Sillin Funeral Home, Sterling, Memorials may go to the Sterling College Chemistry Department Scholarship Fund.
Charles married Opal Oliva Ault, daughter of Lyman Clair Ault and Nellie Adelphia Fuqua, on 20 Sep 1941 in Sterling, Rice County, Kansas. (Opal Oliva Ault was born on 13 Jan 1919 in Bentonville, Benton County, Arkansas, died on 3 Mar 1999 in Sterling, Rice County, Kansas and was buried on 8 Mar 1999 in Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.)