William Curtis (Bill) Ault
- Born: 11 Mar 1920, Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
- Marriage: Evelyn Genevieve Jensen on 11 Oct 1946 in Norton, Kansas
- Died: 2 Jan 1998, Hays Medical Center, Hays, Kansas at age 77
- Buried: 5 Jan 1998, Mount Allen Cemetery, Hays, Ellis County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1925, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 11 of 44. Age 5 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Roll 706, Book 1, Page 100a. Age 10 yrs.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Rice County, Sterling Township, Image 7 of 12. Age 20 yrs., single, farm laborer, farm.
• Military Service: Enlisted; Sterling, Kansas, 1940.
Name: William C Ault
Birth Year: 1920
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Nebraska
State of Residence: Kansas
County or City: Jewell
Enlistment Date: 23 Dec 1940
Enlistment State: Kansas
Enlistment City: Sterling
Branch: Field Artillery
Branch Code: Field Artillery
Grade Code: Private
Component: National Guard (Officers, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)
Source: National Guard
Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Farm hands, general farms
Marital Status: Single, without dependents
• Newspaper Article: Belleville Telescope, 7 Nov 1946, Belleville, Republic County, Kansas. Jensen-Ault
(By The Telescope's Courtland Corr.)
Miss Evelyn Jensen, daughterof Mr. and Mrs. Ray Jensen of Courtland and William Ault of Ionia were married Friday, October 11 at Norton.
• Newspaper Article: Obituary, 4 Jan 1998, Salina, Saline County, Kansas. William "Bill" C. Ault
HAYS \emdash William "Bill" C. Ault, 77, Hays, died Friday, Jan. 2,1998, at Hays Medical Center.
Mr. Ault was born March 11, 1920, in Lamar, Neb. He was a World War II Army veteran. He was a central office repairman for Southwestern Bell Telephone, retiring in 1982. He was a member of the First United Methodist
Church, Hays, and the Hays American Legion.
Survivors include his wife, Evelyn of the home; two sons, Terry W, of Hays and Loren of Stafford; a daughter, Connie Schlauder of Westminster, Colo.; a brother, Raymond of Topeka; three sisters, Ruby Sutton of Ionia, Pearl Diers of Concordia and Opal Hall of Sterling; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the Hays Memorial Chapel Funeral Home, Hays, the Revs. John Paulin and Phil Fischer officiating. Burial will be in the Mt. Allen Cemetery, Hays.
Memorials may be the Hays Area Children's Center or charity of the donor's choice.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 pm today and 1 p.m. until service time Monday at the funeral home, 20th and Pine, Hays 67601.
William married Evelyn Genevieve Jensen, daughter of Raymond Arthur Jensen and Osee Pearl Clark, on 11 Oct 1946 in Norton, Kansas. (Evelyn Genevieve Jensen was born on 6 Aug 1923 in Lovewell, Kansas, died on 23 Dec 2005 in Hays, Ellis County, Kansas and was buried in Mount Allen Cemetery, Hays, Ellis County, Kansas.)