Virgil Wayne Ault
- Born: 22 Jul 1921, Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
- Marriage (1): Bernadine Ethelbert Rivers
- Marriage (2): Alice Bernice Lister on 15 Dec 1958 in Topeka, Kansas
- Died: 30 May 1990, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas at age 68
- Buried: Valencia Cemetery, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1925, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 11 of 44. Age 4 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Roll 706, Book 1, Page 100a. Age 8 yrs.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Rice County, Sterling Township, Image 10 of 12. Age 18 yrs., farm laborer, farm.
• U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records: Enlisted, 1940, Sterling, Kansas. Name: Virgil W Ault
Birth Year: 1921
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Nebraska
State of Residence: Kansas
County or City: Jewell
Enlistment Date: 23 Dec 1940
Enlistment State: Kansas
Enlistment City: Sterling
Branch: Field Artillery
Branch Code: Field Artillery
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the Panama Canal Department Component: National Guard (Officers, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men) Source: National Guard Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Farm hands, general farms
Marital Status: Single, without dependents
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 7 Dec 1945, U.S. Army.
Name: Virgil Ault
Birth Date:22 Jul 1921
Death Date:30 May 1990
Enlistment Date 1:23 Dec 1940
Release Date 1:7 Dec 1945
• Newspaper Article: Jewell County Record, 21 Apr 1983, Jewell County, Kansas. Mrs. Goldie Pate and Ruby Sutton received word that their brother, Wayne Ault of Topeka, had suffered a severe heart attack.
• Obituary: Jewell County Record, 14 Jun 1990, Jewell County, Kansas. AULT OBITUARY
Virgil W. Ault, 68, Topeka died Wednesday, May 30,1990, at his home.
Mr. Ault began work for Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. in 1946 as a lineman and retired in May 1978 as engineering construction supervisor.
He served in the Army from 1941 to 1945 and participated in campaigns in France, Germany and Austria. He received the Bronze StarAward.
He was born July 22,1921, at Lamar, Neb., the son of Lyman Clair and Nellie Fuqua Ault. He was graduated from Ionia High School and lived in Topeka since 1952.
Mr. Ault was a member of Lowman United Methodist Church, Telephone Pioneers of America, Capitol Post No. 1 of the American Legion, Philip Billard Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 1650 and Loyal Order of the Moose
Lodge No. 555, all in Topeka. He also was a member of Ellsworth Lodge No. 146, AF&AM, in Ellsworth. He was a volunteer for the American Red Cross, Kansas Neurological Institute and Toys for Tots.
He was married to Alice Lister White December 29, 1958, in Topeka. She survives.
Other survivors include four sisters, Sylvia Noller, Nipomo, CA, Pearl Diers,
Concordia; RubySutton, Ionia and Opal Hall, Sterling; and two brothers, William C. Ault, Hays, and Raymond C. Ault, Topeka.
Mr. Ault was cremated. Memorial services were at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Lowman United Methodist Church. Interment was in Valencia Cemetery. Philip Billard VFW Post No. 1650 will conduct military services at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to Lowman United Methodist Church, 4000 Drury Lane, 66604. Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Virgil married Bernadine Ethelbert Rivers. (Bernadine Ethelbert Rivers was born on 10 Oct 1927 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, died on 8 Jul 2008 in Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas and was buried in Oak Lawn Memorial Gardens, Olathe, Johnson County, Kansas.)
Virgil next married Alice Bernice Lister, daughter of Joseph Richard Lister and Nancy Elizabeth Snoddy, on 15 Dec 1958 in Topeka, Kansas. (Alice Bernice Lister was born on 26 Sep 1916 in Willard, Wabaunsee County, Kansas.)