- Born: 1610, Taunton, Somersetshire, England
- Marriage: Abigail Ford on 30 Dec 1636 in Dorchester, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
- Died: 14 Apr 1699, Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, United States at age 89
- Buried: Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts
Noted events in his life were:
• Passenger and Immigration List, 30 May 1630, Nantasket, Massachusetts.
Sailed from Plymouth, England on the 20th of March 1630, in the ship "Mary and John" for New England, in company with Messrs, Warham, Maverick, Mason, Clap, and oothers and arrived at nantasket on the 30th of May following, and first settled at Dorchester, Mass., which town he assisted in founding.
He married is 1630 his second wife, Agigail Ford of Dorchester, Mass., daughter of Thomas Ford who also emigrated in the "Mary and John". He lived with his second wife fiffy-eight years and died 14 April 1699, aged ninety-four years. Mrs. Agigail (Ford) Strong died in 1688, aged eighty-four years. Thomas Ford, her father was a man of proiminence in the early colony; was a deputy to the General Court from 1637 to 1640
John married Abigail Ford, daughter of Thomas Ford and Elizabeth Charde, on 30 Dec 1636 in Dorchester, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States. (Abigail Ford was born on 8 Oct 1619 in Bridgeport, Dorset, England, died on 6 Jul 1688 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, United States and was buried in Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.)