- Born: 1 Mar 1701, Altdorf, Boblingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany
- Marriage (1): Maria Catharine Schmidt in 1742 in New Hanover, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage (2): Katherine Schneider in 1721 in Germany
- Died: 10 Jan 1756, York, York County, Pennsylvania at age 54
- Buried: New Hanover Lutheran Cemetery, New Hanover, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Noted events in his life were:
• Emigration, 25 Oct 1738. Valentin Alt came to America on the Ship Davy, William Patton, Commander, from Amsterdam, last from Cowes. He took the oath of allegiance at the Courthouse, Philadelphia, October 25, 1738. By February 5, 1744, he was living in that part of Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, now, and since 1784, included in Montgomery County, in the area of Falkner Swamp.
• Court Records, 26 Mar 1756, York Township. "Came into court Maria Katharina Alt Widow and Administratrix of Valentine Alt late or York Township Weaver Dead and Prayed that Henry Alt a minor Orphan Son of the said Valentine Aged ten Years the thirty first day of October last, may be bound an Apprentice to Abraham Keepher of Cordorus Township Weaver. It is considered by the Court and the said Henry Alt is hereby bound an apprentice to the said Abraham Keepher until he shall be of the Age of twenty one years in consideration whereof the said Abraham Keepher (by Casper Keepher his Father) doth Covennant and agree to teach the said Apprentice to read and write and the art of Mystery of a Weaver which he now Practiseth and to furnish and allow the said Apprentice Sufficient Meat, Drink, Apparel, Washing and Lodging during the said Term and at the Expiration thereof to pay unto him three Pounds Current Money of this Province of two Suits of Apparel one whereof shall be new.
Valentine married Maria Catharine Schmidt, daughter of Martin Schimdt and Anna Catharina Fischer, in 1742 in New Hanover, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. (Maria Catharine Schmidt was born on 1 Dec 1722 in Osingen, Oberbergischer Kreis, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germmany, died on 8 Jun 1759 in York, York County, Pennsylvania and was buried on 10 Jun 1759 in New Hanover, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.)
Valentine next married Katherine Schneider in 1721 in Germany. (Katherine Schneider was born about 1704 in Germany and died in 1742.)