Frances Ann "Fannie" Lee
- Born: 27 Dec 1862, Licking, Licking County, Ohio, United States
- Marriage: Charles Lundy Gunn on 5 Mar 1882 in Barton County, Kansas
- Died: 3 Feb 1935, Great Bend, Barton County, Kansas at age 72
- Buried: Great Bend Cemetery, Great Bend, Barton County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1885, Kansas State Census Collection, Barton County, Buffalo Township, Image 12 of 38. Age 22 yrs.
• Census, 1900, Kansas, Barton County, Eureka Township, Page 78a. Age 37 yrs., married 18 yrs., mother of 8 children, 6 children living.
• Census, 1910, Kansas, Barton County, Great Bend Township, Roll 432 Page 115a. Age 47 yrs., married 28 yrs., mother of 8 children, 6 children living. Shows living on Broadway Street.
• Census, 1915, Kansas State Census Collection, Barton County, Great Bend Township, Image 13 of 257. Age 52 yrs.
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Barton County, Great Bend Ward-2, Roll 524 Book 2, Page 107b. Age 57 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Barton County, Great Bend Township, District 14, Image 24 of 34. Age 67 yrs., age of first marriage 19 yrs.
• Obituary: The Great Bend Daily Tribune, 4 Feb 1935, Great Bend, Barton County, Kansas. Mrs. C. L. Gunn dies
Resident of Barton County Since 1875 Dies After Long Illnees
The death of Mrs. C.L. Gunn occurred last night at her home at 2903 Broadway, following an illness that had confined her to her bedsince the first of the year, she was 73 years of age.
Her death removes the last member of the Elisha Lee family, early day residents of Barton County. She is survived by four children, Walter Gunn of Los Angeles, CA; L.L. Gunn president of Barton County Flour Mills Co., Miss Grace Gunn and Mrs. Herbert Harms of Great Bend and a great many relatives.
Mrs. Gunn was a home-loving woman and had enjoyed in not only seeing members of her own family, but others as well and made it possible for many of them to share in the better things in life. The death of Mr. Gunn occurred in a motor car crash the night of Nov 28, 1930 while he was returning home from his farm in Heizer. His passing left a void in the home at that time had failed to heal. She was a member of the Presbytarian Church and the Home Study Club.
Frances Ann Lee was born Dec. 27, 1862 near Xenia, OH. Her early life was spent in Iowa and in 1875 she came to Great Bend with her parents, who later settled in Clarence Twp. In 1881, she was united in marriage to Charles L. Gunn and to them seven children were born, three preceding their parents in death( a son Charles Francis who died at 2 years of age, a daughter May Gunn who died in 1914 and another son Edwin Ray Gunn who died June 19, 1921)
Prior to her marriage, Mrs. Gunn taught school in district 7, west of Great Bend, and one of her students was George McGill, now a member of the United States senate.
The funeral service will be held Tuesday afternoon at 2 PM from the home and internment will be made in Great Bend Cemetery.
Frances married Charles Lundy Gunn, son of Francis Levi Gunn and Sarah Catherine Wierman, on 5 Mar 1882 in Barton County, Kansas. (Charles Lundy Gunn was born on 24 Aug 1859 in Clear Creek, La Salle County, Illinois, died on 26 Nov 1930 in Heizer, Barton County, Kansas and was buried in Great Bend Cemetery, Great Bend, Barton County, Kansas.)