- Born: 16 Oct 1782, Rupert, Bennington County, Vermont
- Marriage: Ruth Noble on 16 Feb 1809 in Rupert, Bennington County, Vermont
- Died: 28 Jul 1864, Milton Township, Wayne County, Ohio at age 81
- Buried: Mound Hill Cemetery, Seville, Medina County, Ohio
Noted events in his life were:
• U.S. General Land Office Record, 6 May 1835, Ohio.
Name: Johnathan Hay
Issue Date: 6 May 1835
State of Record: Ohio
Accession Number: OH0900__.450
Metes and Bounds: No
Land Office: Bucyrus
US Reservations: No
Mineral Reservations: No
Authority: April 24, 1820: Sale-Cash Entry (3 Stat. 566)
Document Number: 9609
Legal Land Description: Section Twp Range Meridian Counties: 36 5-N 11-E 1st PM Wood
• Census, 1840, Ohio, Wayne County, Milton Township, Roll 432 Book 1, Page 144a.
• Census, 1850, Ohio, Wayne County, Milton Township, Image 26 of 34. Age 68 yrs., farmer, Value of Real Estate Owned: 4,500.
• Census, 1860, Ohiio, Wayne County, Milton Township, Image 33 of 36. Age 77 yrs., farmer.
Jonathan married Ruth Noble, daughter of Deacon Timothy Noble and Sally Taylor, on 16 Feb 1809 in Rupert, Bennington County, Vermont. (Ruth Noble was born on 11 May 1786 in Southwick, Hamden County, Massachusetts, died on 27 Oct 1853 in Milton Township, Wayne County, Ohio and was buried in Mound Hill Cemetery, Seville, Medina County, Ohio.)