John Jackson Dick
- Born: 20 Aug 1836, Dalserf Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Marriage: Eunice Allen Badger on 31 May 1865 in Amboy, Lee County, Illinois
- Died: 18 Jan 1897, Ottawa, La Salle County, Illinois at age 60
- Buried: Ottawa Avenue Cemetery, Ottawa, LaSalle County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Emigration: Arrived New York City, 5 Jul 1853, Glasgow, Scotland On Ship Harmonia.
Arrival Date: 5 Jul 1853
Ethnicity/Race-/Nationality: Scottish (Scotish)
Place of Origin: Scotland
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland
Destination: New York
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Harmonia
Age 15 yrs.
• Census, 1860, Illinois, La Salle County, La Salle Township, City of La Salle, Roll 197 Book 1, Page 1120. Age 22 yrs.
• Census, 1870, Nebraska, Lincoln County, Ofallons Post Office, Image 27 of 36. Age 34 yrs., R.R. Surveyer.
• Census, 1880, Illinois, La Salle County, La Salle Township, Roll 223 Book 1, Page 286a. Age 43 yrs., Engineer.
John married Eunice Allen Badger, daughter of Henry Edson Badger and Catherine C. Clark, on 31 May 1865 in Amboy, Lee County, Illinois. (Eunice Allen Badger was born on 6 Jun 1842 in Corning, Steuben County, New York, died on 24 Jun 1913 in Fairbury, Jefferson County, Nebraska and was buried in Ottawa Avenue Cemetery, Ottawa, LaSalle County, Illinois.)