Catherine A. Crotzer
- Born: 27 Feb 1826, Clinton County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Andrew Hood Stahl on 1 Jan 1846 in Pennsylvania
- Died: 9 Dec 1877, Stephenson County, Illinois at age 51
- Buried: Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1850, Pennsylvania, Clinton County, Lamar Township, Roll 768 Book 1, Page 48a. Age 24 yrs.
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Township, Roll 275 Book 1, Page 387a. Age 44 yrs., keeping house.
• Obituary: Freeport Journal, 19 Dec 1877, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. STAHL--Departed this life, in Lena, Ill., Dec 9th, Mrs. Catherine A., wife of Andrew H. Stahl, aged about 52 years.
The deceased has lift a life pleasing to contemplate. In her youth she consecrated herself to christ, and the remaining 32 years of her life were a beautiful illustration of that profession. Uniformly gentle, somewhat reserved, and with a mellowing kindness towards all, she was a shining light at home, a mother's throne, rather than in larger circles. Well she fulfilled her mission as a mother, a wife, and a disciple of the Lord Jesus. The church and the home here have lost a most faithful member, but our loss is her gain. Her life was such that divine grace could weave, plat and form for her a crown of immortality. She is not dead, but liveth forever. "He thatliveth and believeth in me shall never die." Well could she say to weeping ones around her, when the death angel touched her body, "Weep not for me." "Write, blessed are the dead who die in the Lord." "God shall wipe all tears from their eyes."
The funeral services were held in the Lutheran church, and a very large concourse of relatives and friends were in attendance. Rev. H. C. Haithcox, pastor delivered a short and appropriate sermon, and excellent music, selected by the Glee Glub--Miss Linnie Smith, Messrs. F. S.Brainard, H. W. Allen, and I. B. Smith, assisted by Miss Wilhelmina Hayes, as organist. The bereaved family and relatives have the sympathy of the entire community in their severe bereavement.
Catherine married Andrew Hood Stahl, son of John Fredrick Stahl and Catherine Wilt, on 1 Jan 1846 in Pennsylvania. (Andrew Hood Stahl was born on 27 Feb 1821 in Liverpool, Perry County, Pennsylvania, died on 30 Mar 1908 in Dakota, Stephenson County, Illinois and was buried on 1 Apr 1908 in Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois.)