William Ira Stahl
- Born: 26 May 1856, Hamburg, Berks County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Delilah A. Houser in 1879
- Died: 29 Jun 1915, Lincoln, Johnson County, Nebraska at age 59
- Buried: Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Township, Roll 275 Book 1, Page 387a. Age 14 yrs. Attending school.
• Census, 1880, Illinois, Stephenson County Lena Township, Roll 253 Book 1, Page 330a. Age 24 yrs., Miller.
• Obituary: Lena Star, 8 Jul 1915, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois. Birth: May 26, 1856 Pennsylvania, USA Death: Jun. 29, 1915 Lincoln Lancaster County Nebraska, USA Obituary of Ira Stahl William Ira Stahl was born at Hamburg, Penn., May 26, 1856, and died at his home in Lincoln, Nebraska June 29, 1915. The deceased was a son of Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Stahl who died here a number of years ago. When two years of age he came with his parents ot Ill., locating near Brookville. Several years later they moved to Lena where he grew to manhood. He was married in 1879 to Miss Lila Houser of Lena and was in various vocations here for a number of years. In 1884 he moved to Nebraska which has since been his home. He united with the Presbyterian church at Holdrege, Neb., in 1897 and later transferred his membership to the Grace Lutheran chuch at Lincoln, where he moved with his family in 1901. He was appointed to the railway mail service in 1887 and continued in that line of work until his death. He leaves besides his widow, two sons, Lloyd and Stanley of Puyallup, Wash., two sisters, Mrs. Geo. Houser and Mrs. C. P. Leitzell of Lena and other relatives to mourn his loss. Mrs. Stahl and her sons arrived here with the body Monday afternoon on the 1:13 train, going at once to the Leitzell home from where the funeral services were held Tuesday afternoon at 2:30. Rev. Grenoble pastor of the Amity Lutheran church officiated. Interment was made in the Lena cemetery. Beautiful floral offerings were sent from Lincoln, Neb., besides those from this locality. The following relatives from away were in attendance at the funeral: Mr. and Mrs. Harry Stahl, Mrs. Lizzie Stahl, Mrs. Mayme Stahl, Misses Florence, Ruby and Kate Stahl, E. P. Stahl, I. J. Kiplinger, Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Pfeiffer, Freeport; A. I. Blodgett and daughter Maude, Sharron, Wis.; Mrs. Fred Toepleman, Henderson, N. C.; Mrs. J. C. Myers, Urbana, Ill.
William married Delilah A. Houser in 1879. (Delilah A. Houser was born on 6 Sep 1856 in Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois and died on 6 Sep 1931 in Puyallup, Pierce County, Washington.)