Emma Ruemler Stahl
- Born: 21 Oct 1860, Brookville, Ogle County, Illinois
- Marriage: George C. Houser on 3 Mar 1881 in Stephenson County, Illinois
- Died: 18 Sep 1925, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois at age 64
- Buried: 20 Sep 1925, Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Township, Roll 275 Book 1, Page 387a. Age 9 yrs. Attending school.
• Census, 1880, Illinois, Stephenson County Lena Township, Roll 253 Book 1, Page 330a. Age 19 yrs., Keeping house.
• Obituary: Freeport Journal-Standard, 18 Sep 1925, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. Mrs. Emma Houser, wife of George C. Houser, long time resident of Lena, died about midnight last night at her home here, following a long illness with a complication of diseases. He maiden name was Emma Stahl. She was a daughter of Andrew and Catherine Stahl, and was born at Brookville, Ill., on October 21, 1860. She was a member of a large family of children, of whom but one now survives, Mrs. Ella Leitzell, of Lena.
She was united in marriage on May 3, 1881, to George C. Houser. Besides the husband there are three children surviving; Mrs. J. C. Meyers, Plato Center, Ill.; Miss Vera Houser, at home, and Roland N. Houser, living in Nebraska.
Decedent had been an active member of Amity Lutheran church for fifty years and was identified for many years with Isabel chapter, Order of the Eastern Star. In both home and church, as well as among hundreds of friends outside of those organizations, she was held in high esteem.
Funeral services will be held at the family home on Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. Mr. Grenoble, of Amity Lutheran Church officiating. Interment will be made in Lena Cemetery.
Emma married George C. Houser on 3 Mar 1881 in Stephenson County, Illinois. (George C. Houser was born on 29 Apr 1856 in Lewistown, Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, died on 24 Oct 1941 in Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois and was buried on 27 Oct 1941 in Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois.)