Loyd William Covert
- Born: 29 Dec 1902, Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado
- Marriage: Verdie May Devlin on 26 Feb 1925 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
- Died: 17 Jul 1967, Haxtun, Philliips County, Colorado at age 64
- Buried: 20 Jul 1967, Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Phillips County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, Roll 840 Book 2, Page 217a. Age 7 yrs.
• Census, 1920, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, Roll 983 Book 2, Page 45b. Age 17 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, District 10, Image 3 of 5. Age 27 yrs., age of first marriage 22 yrs., farmer, general farm.
• Social Security Death Index, Jul 1967, Colorado.
Name: Loyd Covert
Last Residence: 80734 Holyoke, Phillips, Colorado, United States of America Born: 29 Dec 1902
Died: Jul 1967
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951)
• Obituary: Holyoke Enterprise, 20 Jul 1967, Holyoke, Colorado. LLOYD W. COVERT FUNERAL TODAY AT METHODIST CHURCH
Loyd W. Covert, 64, a resident of this area all his life, passed away Monday, July 17, at the Haxtun community hospital following an extended illness. He had been hospitalized for several weeks.
Funeral services will be conducted at 10:00 a.m. today, July 20, at the Holyoke Methodist church, with Rev. Gerald Dingman officiating. Interment will be at the Pleasant Valley cemetery southeast of Holyoke. The Lewis Funeral home is in charge of arrangements.
One of 10 children of William and Bertha (McGaughey) Covert, Loyd William Covert was born December 29, 1902, southeast of Holyoke on what later was the Charles Mefford farm for a number of years. He grew to manhood in that area, attending school in and around Lamar, Nebraska and high school in Lamar.
On February 26, 1925 he was united in marriage to Virdie Devlin. Four daughters, all of whom survive, were born to this union.
Mr. Covert was a farmer most of his life. In recent years he enjoyed working on antique cars and collecting arrowheads and other Indian artifacts as hobbies. He was a member of two antique car clubs and attended antique car meetings in Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado.
Mr. and Mrs. Covert lived on a farm near Mr. Covert's birthplace for a number of years, and they had resided in Holyoke part of the time for the past two years.
Surviving Mr. Covert are his wife, Virdie, of Holyoke; four daughters, Bette, Mrs. Frank Linnenbrink, Holyoke, Virginia, Mrs. Wayne Leben, Wray, Winona, Mrs. Gordon Leben, Amherst, and Dola, Mrs. James Scheil, Beloit, Wisconsin; his mother, Mrs. Bertha Covert, who resides at Sheridan Manor Nursing Home in Holyoke; four brothers, Orville and D.L. (Roy), Holyoke, Wayne, Lamar, Nebraska, and George, Stockton, California; two sisters, Minnie, Mrs. Nils Forslund, Minturn, Colorado, and Margaret, Mrs. Kenneth Cranwell, Lamar, Nebraska; 14 grandchildren; and many friends.
Mr. Covert was preceded in death by his father, two brothers, who died in infancy, and one sister, Mrs. Bernice Eckard.
Loyd married Verdie May Devlin on 26 Feb 1925 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska. (Verdie May Devlin was born on 26 Sep 1905 in Monroe County, Missouri and died on 11 Jan 1995 in Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado.)