Delbert LeRoy "Roy" Covert
- Born: 15 Jun 1917, Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
- Died: 13 Oct 2011, Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Weld county, Colorado at age 94
- Buried: Holyoke Memorial Park Cemetery, Holyoke, Phillips County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, Roll 983 Book 2, Page 45b. Age 3 6/12 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, District 10, Image 4 of 5. Age 12 yrs.
• Obituary, 2011. Delbert LeRoy "Roy" Covert was born June 15, 1917 to William F. and Bertha Mae (McGaughy) Covert southwest of Lamar, Neb. near the state line. He died Oct. 13, 2011 at Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley.
Roy married Agnes R. Anderson on April 4, 1946 in St. Francis, Kan. To this union one son was born: Glen William Covert. Roy and Agnes spent 53 years together before her death on Oct. 22, 1999.
Roy served in the United States Army Air Corps from August 1942 through December 1944.
Roy was engaged in agriculture, he farmed, worked at a dairy and drove a semi truck for Harms Brothers of Fleming. He enjoyed hunting, building various things and flying remote-controlled airplanes.
Roy was preceded in death by his parents, William and Bertha Covert; siblings, Bernice Eckerd, Floyd Covert, Loyd Covert, Orville Covert, Wayne Covert, Minnie Forslund, George Covert, Charles Covert and Margaret Cranwell.
Roy is survived by his son, Glen Covert of Platteville; granddaughter, Kacie Covert of Fort Collins; and numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
The funeral service was held Oct. 16 at First United Methodist Church in Holyoke, with Pastor Al Strauss and Pastor Sharon Strauss officiating. Interment was held Oct. 17 at Holyoke Cemetery.
Baucke Funeral Home of Holyoke directed the service.