- Born: 13 Sep 1754, Pennsylvaina
- Marriage: Salome Reinhardt
- Died: 19 May 1824, Gregg Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania at age 69
- Buried: Heckman Cemetery, Gregg Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania
Noted events in his life were:
• Cemetery, 19 May 1824, Heckman Cemetery, Gregg Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania. Section 1, Row 2, Plot # 3
69y 8m 6d
• History:: History of Centre and Clinton Counties, Pennsylvania, 1883. Peter Heckman was also an early settler after the Revolutionary War.
At his death he left eight children,--Peter, John, Jacob, Michael, George, Frederick, Elizabeth, and Susan. Peter settled at Penn's Creek on a farm now owned by Shook and Neese; John made his home in Sugar valley; Jacob settled in Penn township; Michael emigrated to Ohio; George is deceased; Frederick married Elizabeth Miller. He died on the old homestead. His family consisted of ten children,--Peter and John (died young), Andrew, Samuel, John F. William, Emanuel, Sarah, Amelia, and Amanda. Andrew is in Ohio, Samuel died in Illinois, John F. is living at the old home, William is at Penn Hall, Emanuel was killed at the age of twenty three by being thrown out of a sleigh.
Peter married Salome Reinhardt. (Salome Reinhardt was born on 24 Jun 1759 in Penns Valley, Centre County, Pennsylvania, died on 27 Jul 1845 in Gregg Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania and was buried in Heckman Cemetery, Gregg Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania.)