Isaac Edwin Vale
- Born: 19 May 1852, Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Hannah Elizabeth Shore on 12 Jan 1881 in Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Died: 13 Jul 1919, Los Angeles County, California at age 67
- Buried: Sunnyside Cemetery, Plot: LOTUS, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1860, Illinois, La Salle County, Eagle Township, Galloway Post Office, Roll 197 Book 1, Page 1219. Age 8 yrs., attended school within the year.
• Census, 1870, Illinois, La Salle County, Richland Township, Lostant Post Office, Roll 244 Book 1, Page 672a. Age 18 yrs., works on farm.
• Census, 1880, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, Spring Valley Township, District 279, Beaver Precinct, Image 7 of 14. Age 28 yrs., boarder, attorney at law.
• Census, 1900, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, Beaver Township, Superior City, Image 14 of 32. Age 48 yrs., married 19 yrs., Real Estate & Loan Agent.
• Census, 1910, California, Los Angeles County Long Beach Township, Long Beach City, Image 2 of 14. Age 57 yrs., married 29 yrs., Agent, Real Estate.
1048 Magnolia Ave, Long Beach, CA 90813-2912
• Obituary, 1919, Long Beach, California. WIDELY KNOWN REAL ESTATE OPERATOR IS DEAD
I. E. Vale, widely known real estate operator and attorney of this city, died unexpectedly yesterday afternoon at his home, 1048 Magnolia avenue from a complication of ailments. Mr. Vale was 67 years of age and had resided in Long Beach thirteen years. He was senior member of the realty firm of I. E. Vale and Son, 144 Pine avenue.
About four weeks ago Mr. Vale was struck by a bicycle and since that time, according to relatives, his health failed rapidly. Shock resulting from the accident is believed to have hastened his demise.
Mr. Vale came to Long Beach from Indianola, Iowa, in 1906. For a time following his arrival here he practiced law, later entering the real estate business with his son, Lloyd W. Vale, 645 Elm avenue. As practicing attorney and while in the realty business Mr. Vale established a wide circle of friends in this city.
The deceased leaves a son, Lloyd W. Vale, of this city; two daughters, Mrs. William Hunter, of Los Angeles, and Mrs. R. W. Core, of Visalia, a widow, three brothers, R. A. Vale, DeMoines, Iowa; Ely Vale, Weber, Kansas, and two sisters, Mrs. Henry Sidwell, Aleda, Illinois, and Mrs. W. W. Gunn, Hardy, Nebraska.
Mr. Vale was a member of the First Methodist church of this city. Funeral arrangements are in the hands of Patterson & McQuilkin, undertakers, and will be announced later.
Isaac married Hannah Elizabeth Shore, daughter of Charles Shore and Elizabeth Whitehead, on 12 Jan 1881 in Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska. (Hannah Elizabeth Shore was born on 7 Sep 1852 in Chester County, Pennsylvania, died on 25 Dec 1931 in Los Angeles County, California and was buried in Sunnyside Cemetery, Plot: LOTUS, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California.)