- Born: 16 May 1870, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
- Died: 18 Jul 1948, Jewell County, Kansas at age 78
- Buried: Webber Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Erin Township, Lena Post Office, Roll 275 Book 1, Page 38b. Age 1/12 yr.
• Census, 1880, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Roll 383 Book 1, Page 324b. Age 10 yrs.
• Obituary, Jul 1948, Webber Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas. Mrs. Mary Stineman Died Here Sunday
Mrs. Mary Stineman, a resident of the Superior community for many years passed away Sunday, March 27. She was 78 years of age. Mrs. Stineman was a gold star mother of the American Legion.
Born in Lena, Ill., May 16, 1870, Mrs. Stineman was Miss Mary Badger before her marriage. She moved with her parents to Jewell County, Kansas when three years of age.
In 1900 she was married to Arthur E. Stineman. To this union were born four children, Minnie, Charles, Clyde and Edith. There were also three step-sons, William, Walter and Jessie. Jessie is the only survivor of these three.
In 1915 Mrs. Stineman moved with her husband and children to Nebraska. Mr. Stineman preceded her in death in 1942. Most of the time since her husband's deathshe made her home with her daughter, Mrs. Alex Brehm. For the past three years she has been practically helpless and confined to her bed most of the time.
Surviving are her two daughters, Mrs. Minnie Brehm and Miss Edith Stineman of Superior and three sons, Charles and Clyde of Superior and Jessie of Nelson and one sister Mrs. Margaret Davidson of Hardy. She is also survived by ten grandchildren and two great grandchildren. Her husband, three brothers and two sisters preceded her in death.
The funeral services were held from the Denny Funeral home in Superior Wednesday, March 30th. Rev. M. L. Peterson officiating. Interment was in Webber Cemetery.