Charles Henry Eells
- Born: 8 Dec 1844, Winslow, Stephenson County, Illinois
- Marriage: Anna Katherine Sweeley on 12 Nov 1871 in Stephenson County, Illinois
- Died: 25 Jan 1902, Winslow, Oneco Township, Stephenson County, Illinois at age 57
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1850, Illinois, Stephenson County, Waddams Township, Roll 129 Book 1, Page 314b. Age 10 yrs.
• Census, 1900, Illinois, Stephenson County, Winslow Township, Page 4. Age 54 yrs., married 28 yrs., farmer.
• Passport Application, 22 May 1922, Freeport, Ilinois.
State of Illinois
County of Stephenson
I, Edgar Eells, a native and loyal citizen of the United States, hereby apply to the Department of State, at Washington, for a passport, for myself and wife (Millye Dorn Eells). Wife born at Orangeville, Ill., September 5th, 1885, (Marriage took place Orangeville, June 18th, 1907.
I solemnly swear that I was born at Winslow, in the State of Illinois, on or about the 17th day of June, 1883; that my father Charles Eells, was born in Winslow, Illinois and is now residing at (deceased) and that I am domiciled in the United States, my permanent residence being at Freeport, in the State of Illinois, where I follow the occupation of auctioneer.
I am about to go abroad temporarily; and I intend to return to the United States within 6 months with the purpose of residing and performing the duties of citizenship therein; and I desire a passport for use in visiting the countries hereinafter named for the following purpose:
France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Gibralter; Travel
I intend to leave the United States from the port of Montreal sailing on board the ( blank) on June 12th, 1922.
Signed Edgar Eells the 5th day of May, 1922
Signed Douglas Grant; Deputy Clerk of the District Court of Freeport, Illinois
(Page 2) - Description of Applicant
Age; 38 yrs.
Stature: 5 feet, 9 inches.
Distinguishing marks: None
Applicant desires passport to be sent to the following address:
515 1/2 South Beaver Avenue
Charles married Anna Katherine Sweeley, daughter of Jacob Sweeley and Elizabeth Sankey, on 12 Nov 1871 in Stephenson County, Illinois. (Anna Katherine Sweeley was born on 30 Jan 1847 in Boalsburg, Centre County, Pennsylvania and died on 1 Mar 1912 in Winslow, Stephenson County, Illinois.)