George Goldsmith Hanley
- Born: 13 Aug 1888, Jordan Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Died: 2 Apr 1957, Jordan Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota at age 68
- Buried: Chatfield Cemetery, Chatfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Minnesota, Fillmore County, Jordan Township, Page 156a. Age 11 yrs., at school.
• Census, 1910, Minnesota, Fillmore County, Jordan Township, Roll 697 Book 2, Page 158b. Age 21 yrs., laborer home farm.
• Obituary, 1957, Fillmore County, Minnesota. George Goldsmith Hanley died in 1957 at age 68 years in Fillmore County. He was born in 1888 in Jordan Township, Fillmore County, MN. He married Nellie Baier in Preston, MN on December 14, 1921. Nellie and George moved to Elmira Township and farmed there for 35 years. George is a veteran in World War I. He is the brother of Mrs. William Baker (Chatfield), Mrs. Clarence Baker (Spring Valley), Mrs. Harvey Anway (Hansle, Iowa), and Mrs. August Zimmerman nee Zanna Hanley. Daughters are, Mrs. Merton Severud (Minneapolis) and Mrs. Richard Masters (Altus, OK). Stepson: Percy Gardner (Chatfield).
George entered service in W.W.I on July 25, 1918. He was private in Company C. 5th Corps, Artillery Park. He arrived overseas on October 10, 1918. He was released on April 19, 1919.