Charles Richard Hanley
- Born: 17 Aug 1892, Chatfield, Jordan Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Marriage: Helen Lenora Horsman on 16 Sep 1931 in Chatfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Died: 9 Jun 1953, Rochester, Olmsted County, Minnesota at age 60
- Buried: Chaffield Cemetery, Chatfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Minnesota, Fillmore County, Jordan Township, Page 156a. Age 7 yrs., at school.
• Census, 1910, Minnesota, Fillmore County, Jordan Township, Roll 697 Book 2, Page 158b. Age 17 yrs., laborer home farm.
• Census, 1920, Minnesota, Fillmore County, Jordan Township, Roll 830 Book 1, Page 153a. Age 27 yrs.
• Obituary: Winona Republican-Herald, 10 Jun 1953, Winona, Minnesota. Funeral services will be held Friday at the Boetzer Funeral home and at the Chatfield Methodist Church for Charles R. Hanley, 60, who died at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester on Tuesday at 7:15 p.m.The Rev. Frank Williams will officiate. Burial will be in Chatfield Cemetery.
Hanley suffered a heart attack at 4 p.m. while he was shearing sheep on the farm of Paul Ness 10 miles southwest of here.
Born August 17, 1892 in Chatfield, Hanley lived in Jordan Township, Fillmore County, his entire life. He was a farmer. He married the former Helen Horsman, Chatfield, September 16, 1931, at the Little Brown Church, Nashua, Iowa.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Lilas and Marilyn, both of Rochester; a son, Kent, at home; a brother, George, Chatfield, and four sisters, Mrs. Clarence Baker, Wykoff; Mrs. William Baker, Chatfield; Mrs. Harvey Anway, Hansel, Iowa; and Mrs. August Zimmerman, Rochester.
Hanely was a member of Meridian Lodge 52 of the Mosonic Order. The lodge will conduct gravesite rites.
Charles married Helen Lenora Horsman on 16 Sep 1931 in Chatfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota. (Helen Lenora Horsman was born on 28 Dec 1912 in Spring Valley, Fillmore CountyMinnesota and died on 24 Nov 2000 in Stewartville, Olmsted County, Minnesota.)