- Born: 29 Mar 1893, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
- Marriage: Eric O'Neill Hogben on 4 Sep 1920 in Sunderland, Durham, England
- Died: Sep 1986, Surrey Northern, Surrey, England at age 93
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1900, Texas, Tarrant County, Fort Worth Ward 2, Roll 1671 Book 1, Page 123a. Age 8 yrs.
1000 West Second Street
Ft. Worth, Texas
• Census, 1910, Texas, Tarrant County, Fort Worth Ward 2, Roll 1590 Book 2, Page 76a. Age 16 yrs., single.
1504 West Fifth Street
Ft. Worth, Texas
• Passport Application - Emergency, 23 Nov 1914, Cologne. I, Alma Ault, a native and loyal citizen of the united states, hereeby apply to the American consulate at Cologne for an emergency passport for myself.
I solemly swear that I was born at Fort Worth, in the state of Texas on or about the 29th day of March, 1893; that my father is a natural born dicizen and that I am dimiciled in the United States, my permanent residence being at Fort Worth, in the State of Texas, whre I follow the occupation of Teacher of Music, that I intent to return to the United States at once with the purpose of residing and performing the duties of citizenchip, therein; and that I desire the passport for the purpose of protection.
Age: 21 yrs.
Stature: 5 feet, 2 inches
• Travel: New York Passenger Arrival List, 15 Dec 1914.
Family Name: Ault
Given Name: Alma
Arrival: 15 Dec 1914 - New York, New York
Port of Departure: Rotterdam, Holland
Ship Name: Potsdam
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Place & Date of Birth: Fort Worth, Texas, March 29, 1893
Address in United States: Fort Worth, Texas, West 5th Street
• Travel: Passport Application, 30 Apr 1920, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
I, Alma Ault, Single, a Native and Loyal Citizen of the United States, hereby apply to the Department of State, at Washington, for a passport.
I solemnly swear that I was born at Fort Worth, in the State of Texas, on or about the 29th day of March, 1893, that my father Mr. James A. Ault, was born in Illinois, and is now residing at 1504 W. 5th St., Fort Worth, Texas and that I am domiciled in the United States, my permanent residence being at Fort Worth in the State of Texas, where I follow the occupation of Violin Teacher; and I intend to return to the United States within 6 months with the purpose of residing and performing the duties of citizenship therein; and I desire a passport for use in visiting the countries hereinafter named for the following purpose:
England to Study Violin.
I intend to leave the United States from the port of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania sailing on board the Haverford on May 28th, 1920
Signed by Alma Ault
• Residence, 1927, Barnard Castle, England.
(The following is from the Obituary of James A. Ault, her father)
Ault, who's home was at 302 South Adams Street, is survived by his widow, a son, Klein Ault, Fort Worth, and a daughter, Mrs. Eric Hogben, Barnard Castle, England. Miss Lucy Ault, a talented violinist, who died here 12 years ago, was a daughter.
• New York Passenger List: Arrival, 4 Aug 1938, New York. S.S. Manhattan, Passengers sailing from Southampton, July 29, 1938
Alma married Eric O'Neill Hogben, son of Frederick Hogben and Emily (Dora) Geoghegan, on 4 Sep 1920 in Sunderland, Durham, England. (Eric O'Neill Hogben was born on 23 Dec 1892 in Kings County, Ireland and died in Jun 1984 in Bromley, Kent, England.)