Elizabeth Ann "Annie" Vale
- Born: 14 May 1842, Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Henry Harris Sidwell on 5 Apr 1866 in La Salle County, Illinois
- Died: 30 May 1930, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois at age 88
- Buried: Aledo Cemetery, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1850, Pennsylvania, Washington County, West Pikerun Township, Roll 834 Book 1, Page 290a. Age 8 yrs., attended school within the year.
• Census, 1860, Illinois, La Salle County, Eagle Township, Galloway Post Office, Roll 197 Book 1, Page 1219. Age 18 yrs., attended school within the year.
• Census, 1870, Missouri, Carrol County, Wakenda Township, Image 126 of 137. Age 27 yrs., Keeping House.
• Census, 1900, Illinois, Mercer County, Green Township, District 70, Image 3 of 42. Age 58 yrs., married 34 yrs., mother of 2 children, 1 child living.
• Census, 1920, Illinois, Mercer County, Mercer Township, District 75, Image 11 of 27. Age 77 yrs., widow, enumerated in the same household as her daughter Elizabeth and son-in-law Thorton D. Winders.
• Census, 1930, Illinois, Mercer County, Aledo Township, District 9, Image 33 of 45. Age 86 yrs., mother-in-law, age of first marriage 20 yrs., enumerated in household of son-in-law and daughter Mary E. (Vale). 502 South Maple.
• Obituary, 30 May 1930, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois. Elizabeth Ann Vale Sidwell
MRS. SIDWELL OLD RESIDENT, DIES AT ALEDO
Funeral Services Held Sunday; Death Comes at Daughter's Home Here; Citizen of County Many Years
Funeral services for Mrs. Annie Elizabeth Sidwell, 88 years old, pioneer Mercer county resident, who died Friday, May 30, at the home of her daughter, Mrs. T. D. Winders, in this city were held Sunday afternoon from the home with her former pastor, Rev. J. A. Barnes, of Monmouth, officiating, assisted by Rev. F. J. Medford, pastor of the Aledo Presbyterian church. Burial was in Aledo cemetery.
Mrs. Sidwell's death followed a serious illness of three months but the end was calm and peaceful. She celebrated her 88th birthday only about three weeks ago.
Born in Pennsylvania
Miss Annie Elizabeth Vale, daughter of Isaac and Mary Ann Vale was born May 14, 1842, at Bentleyville, Pa.. She was one of a family of eight children, six boys and two girls. When she was 10 years old her parents moved from Pennsylvania to Illinois, settling near Ottawa.
During the Civil war Mrs. Sidwell taught school and on April 5, 1866, she was united in marriage to Henry Harris Sidwell of Ripley, O. Two children were born to them, Henry Eli, who died in infancy and Mary Elizabeth, now Mrs. T. D. Winders, of Aledo.
Long Viola Resident
Mrs. Sidwell lived near Norbourn (Norborne), Mo., for four years after her marriage, moving back to Illinois where she has resided ever since. For 36 years her home was in Viola, where she was a member of the United Presbyterian church of that city. After her husband's death in 1919, she came to make her home with her daughter in Aledo.
Those who mourn her loss are her daughter, Mrs. Winders; two grandchildren, Gladys and William Winders, one brother, Amos Vale of Long Beach, Calif.; a sister Mrs. Mary Gunn of Hardy, Nebraska, and many nephews, nieces and friends.
Elizabeth married Henry Harris Sidwell on 5 Apr 1866 in La Salle County, Illinois. (Henry Harris Sidwell was born on 17 Aug 1836 in Ripley, Brown County, Ohio, died on 22 Feb 1919 in Viola, Mercer County, Illinois and was buried in Aledo Cemetery, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois.)