Walter Samuel Fair
- Born: 29 Sep 1878, McConnell, Stephenson County, Illinois
- Marriage: Lillian P. Rahorn on 29 Nov 1901 in Stephenson County, Illinois
- Died: 9 Jun 1945, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois at age 66
- Buried: 12 Jun 1945, Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1880, Illinois, Stephenson County, Waddams Township, Roll 253 Book 1, Page 295b. Age 2 yrs.
• Census, 1900, Illinois, Stephenson County, Buckeye Township, District 94, Image 31 of 44. Age 21 yrs., single, farm laborer.
• Census, 1910, Illinois, Stephenson County, Waddams Township, Roll 327 Book 2, Page 251a. Age 31 yrs., married 9 yrs., butter worker - creamery.
26 Olive Street
McConnell, Ill 61050
• WWI Draft Registration, 12 Sep 1918, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. Name: Walter Samuel Fair
Permanent Address: 54 Hardin, Freeport, Illinois
Age: 39 yrs.
Date of Birth: September 29, 1878
Present Occupation: Butter Maker
Employer's Name: Freeport Condensed Milk Company
Nearest Relative: Lillian Fair
Address: 54 Hardin, Freeport, Illinois
Color of Hair: Brown
Color of Eyes: Dark
• Census, 1920, Illinois, Stephenson County, Precinct 5, Freeport City, Image 13 of 24. Age 41 yrs., Milk Tester, Condensery.
• Census, 1930, Illinois, Stephenson County, Freeport Township, Image 7 of 40. Age 51 yrs., age of first marriage: 23, Butter Maker, Creamery
• Census, 1940, Illinois, Stephenson County, Freeport Township, Freeport City, Image16 of 24. Age 61 yrs., 522 North Hardin Avenue, Salesman, Retail Coal.
• WWII Draft Registraton Card, 27 Apr 1942, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. Name: Walter S. Fair
Residence: 522 North Hardin Ave, Greeport, Stephenson County, Illinois
Mailing Address: Same
Age in Years: 63
Date of Birth: Sept. 29, 1878
Place of Birth: McConnell, Illinois
Name & address of person who will always know your address:
Mrs. Lillian Fair 522 North Hardin Freeport Illinois
Employer's Name and Address: Cash Coal Company
Place of Employment: Foot of Monterey Street, Freeport Stephenson Co., Ill.
Height: 5ft 6in
Obvious physical characteristics: Small scar right thumb, small scar on lip right side.
• Obituary, 1945. Walter S. Fair, 66, a native of Stephenson County, passed away at a local hospital Saturday afternoon.
Funeral services will be held at 2 o'clock Tuesday afternoon at the Elahmeler & Becker funeral home, West Stephenson street. Dr. John H. Nightingale, pastor of First Methodist church, will conduct the services and interment will be made in Lena memorial park.
Mr. Fair was born at McConnell, Sept 29, 1876, the son of Albert and Laura Fair. He was employed as a butter maker by various Stephenson county dairies for a number of years, retiring from that work 12 years ago. In recent years he had worked with his son in the Cash Coal company. His marriage to Lillian Rayhorn took place in 1901. He is survived by his wife and one son, Dale R. Fair. Two brothers and a sister also survive. Bert and Elmer Fair, Mrs. Nellie Sternberth, all of Loveland, Calif. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. He was a member of he Modern Woodman of America.
Walter married Lillian P. Rahorn, daughter of Jacob Louis Rahorn and Agnes Violet Garret, on 29 Nov 1901 in Stephenson County, Illinois. (Lillian P. Rahorn was born on 2 Feb 1881 in McConnell, Stephenson County, Ilinois, died on 5 Mar 1954 in Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois and was buried on 7 Mar 1954 in Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois.)