- Born: Apr 1838, Dalserf Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Marriage: Sarah E. Clayton on 25 Aug 1864 in La Salle County, Ilinois
- Died: Bef 1920, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Emigration, 1853, Glasgow, Scotland On Ship Harmonia. Arrived New York City on 5 Jul 1853, age 13 yrs.
Arrival Date: 5 Jul 1853
Ethnicity/Race-/Nationality: Scottish (Scotish)
Place of Origin: Scotland
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland
Destination: New York
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Harmonia
• Census, 1870, Illinois, La Salle County, Deer Park Township, Roll 234 Book 1, Page 96b. Age 32 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1880, Illinois, La Salle County, Deer Park Township, Roll 222 Book 1, Page 126a. Age 44 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1900, Illinois, La Salle County, Deer Park Township, District 42, Image 6 of 18. Age 62 yrs., widow, year of immigration to the US: 1854, farmer.
• Census, 1910, Illinois, La Salle County Ottawa Township Ward 2, Ottawa City, District 126, Image 9 of 25. Age 72 yrs., father-in-law, widow.
David married Sarah E. Clayton on 25 Aug 1864 in La Salle County, Ilinois. (Sarah E. Clayton was born about 1830 in Brooke County, West Virginia and died before 1900 in Illinois.)