John Fredrick Stahl
- Born: 3 Feb 1799, Union City, Snyder County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Catherine Wilt
- Died: 14 Oct 1887, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois at age 88
- Buried: Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Lena Township, Image 5 of 32. Age 71 yrs., Retired Life.
• Obituary: Freeport Journal, 24 Oct 1877, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. Stahl--In Lena, Oct. 14, 1877, John Stahl, aged 78 years, 5 months and 11 days.
For ten years Father Stahl was an invalid and during the last three years of his life a great sufferer. About nineteen years ago he came into this part of Illinois from Pennsylvania. He raised a family of eleven children, eight of whom, with their mother, survive him. At the age of eighteen years he consecrated himself to Christ, and united with the Lutheran church, in communion with which he lived until the call to the communion above.
John married Catherine Wilt. (Catherine Wilt was born on 26 Oct 1800 in Pennsylvania, died on 1 Dec 1880 in Stephenson County, Illinois and was buried in Lena Burial Park, Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois.)