Emanuel Herman Klein
- Born: 21 Jul 1872, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Marriage: Ellen Mable Roper on 7 Apr 1898 in Kootenia, Idaho
- Died: 2 Jan 1945, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California at age 72
- Buried: 8 Jan 1945, Los Angeles National Cemetery, Los Angeles, Los Agneles County, California, Section 187 Row C Site 10
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1880, Kansas, Leavenworth County, Kickapoo Township, Ft. Leavenworth Military Reservation, Roll 385 Book 2, Page 25a. Age 10 yrs.
• Military Service: Register of Enlistments, 11 Oct 1888, New York City. Name: Klein, Adolfus
Enlisted When: October 11, 1888
Enlisted Where: New York City
Enlisted by Whom: Capt. Bisher
Period: 5 yrs.
Where Born: Phila, Pa
Age: 21 yrs
Description Eyes: Hazel
Description Hair: Brown
Description Complexion: Fair
Descriiption Height: 5 7 3/4
Regiment: 10th Inf.
Number of Enlistment:
Remarks: Discharged May 15, 1889
• Census, 1920, California, Los Angeles County, Malibu Township, Image 18 of 25. Age 46 yrs., musician, band.
• Census, 1930, California, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles City, Assembly District 82, Image 36 of 48. Age 58 yrs., age of first marriage: 25 yrs., musician, Theatre, Clarinet.
• Cemetery, 8 Jan 1945, Los Angeles National Cemetery. Name: Emanuel Herman Klein
Service Info.: BAND LEADER 18TH INF. US ARMY WORLD WAR I
Birth Date: 21 Jul 1872
Death Date: 2 Jan 1945
Interment Date: 8 Jan 1945
Cemetery: Los Angeles National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 950 South Sepulveda Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90049
Buried At: Section 187 Row C Site 10
Emanuel married Ellen Mable Roper, daughter of Ludwig Roper and Dena L. Perraut, on 7 Apr 1898 in Kootenia, Idaho. (Ellen Mable Roper was born on 2 May 1879 in Wyoming and died on 11 Jun 1939 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.)