Elva L Giger
- Born: 17 Sep 1887, Elmdale, Chase County, Kansas
- Marriage: John Reuben Angle on 27 Oct 1909 in Kansas
- Died: 7 May 1986, Minneapolis, Ottawa County, Kansas at age 98
- Buried: White Rock Cemetery, Republic County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1915, Kansas State Census Collection, Republic County, White Rock Township, Image 15 of 57. Age 27 yrs.
• Obituary: The Superior Express, 15 May 1986, Republic County, Kansas. The funeral for Elva L. Angle was Saturday at 2 p.m., in the Megrue-Price Funeral Home Chapel. She died Wednesday, May 7, at the Good Samaritan Center, Minneapolis, Kan.
Mrs. Angle was born Sept. 17, 1887, near Elmdale, Kan., the daughter of Harvey M. and Cornelia Loos Giger.
After graduating from the two-year high school in Elmdale, she attended Baker University, Baldwin City, Kan., where she met her husband-to-be, John R. Angle, Courtland. They were married Oct. 27, 1909, in the home of her parents and lived together 63 years until his death in 1973. Four children were born, two of whom died in infancy.
Mr. and Mrs. Angle lived for many years on the family farm in the White Rock community, north of Courtland, until they moved to Superior in 1949. In 1977 Mrs. Angle began living with her children, moving to the Good Samaritan Center, Minneapolis, Kan., in August, 1982.
Besides her husband and infant daughters, she was preceded in death by her son, Marvin, in 1983, her parents and four brothers.
Survivors are her daughter, Mrs. John E. Ayers (Martha), Tescott, Kan.; six grandchildren; 13 great grandchildren; one great, great granddaughter; and many other relatives.
Mrs. Angle became a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church at an early age and took an active part in the church as long as her health permitted. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Superior.
The Rev. Charles Haines officiated at the services and burial was in the White Rock Cemetery near Lovewell.
Elva married John Reuben Angle, son of Newton Hileman Angle and Martha Ellen Siegfried, on 27 Oct 1909 in Kansas. (John Reuben Angle was born on 21 Dec 1886 in Kansas, died on 13 Feb 1973 in Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska and was buried in White Rock Cemetery, Republic County, Kansas.)