George Robert Kramer
- Born: 22 Jul 1916, Mankato, Jewell County, Kansas
- Marriage: Hellen May Lohmeyer on 7 Sep 1941
- Died: 5 Jul 2009, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri at age 92
- Buried: Mount Hope Cemetery, Mankato, Jewell County Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Jewell County, Center Township, Mankato City, Image 3 of 32. Age 3 8/12 yrs.
• Census, 1925, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Mankato Township, Image 31 of 67. Age 8 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Mankato Township, District 9, Image 11 of 29. Age 13 yrs.
• Obituary: Kansas City Star, 8 Jul 2009. George R. Kramer, 92, beloved father, husband, grandfather and great grandfather, died July 5, 2009 at Kingswood Senior Living Community.
He was born in Mankato, Kansas, on July 22, 1916, the older of two sons of George Rowan and Katherine Emily Kramer. After elementary and high school in Mankato, he attended Kansas State University where he received bachelor's and master's degrees in Industrial Chemistry. While at K-State he lettered three years as a member of the varsity basketball team. Following marriage to Helen M. Lohmeyer, Newton, Kansas, on September 7, 1941 and completion of an MBA degree at Harvard Business School, he served in the U.S. Navy during WW II. He then began a forty year career with Corn Products Refining Company, holding various management responsibilities in manufacturing, engineering, personnel and research at divisional and corporate levels in both domestic and international locations.
Upon retirement in 1982 he relocated to the KC area with his beloved wife where they celebrated 67 years of married life. His interest in gardening led him to become a Master Gardener and volunteer in the Johnson County Kansas Extension Service. Throughout his life he was actively involved in the United Methodist Church with membership at Old Mission Methodist Church at the time of his death.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his brother Toby and his wife, Helen. Survivors include a son, George R. Kramer, Jr., a daughter, Kathy Freshwater (John), four grandchildren, Robert, George R. III, Michelle and Katie and five great grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life service will be held at Kingswood Senior Living Community on Friday, July 10, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. with burial at Mt. Hope Cemetery, Mankato, Kansas. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to The Kingswood Foundation-Health Center, c/o Gail Benne, 10000 Wornall Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64114.
George married Hellen May Lohmeyer on 7 Sep 1941. (Hellen May Lohmeyer was born on 10 Oct 1919 in Halstead, Harvey County, Kansas, died on 24 Apr 2009 in Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri and was buried in Mount Hope Cemetery, Mankato, Jewell County Kansas.)