MSgt Ambrose Ralph Klein
- Born: 8 Nov 1915, Arizona
- Marriage: Frances
- Died: 2 Oct 1942, Over the Pacific Ocean at age 26
- Buried: Honolulu, Hawaii, National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, California, Los Angeles County, Malibu Township, Image 18 of 25. Age 4 4/12 yr.
• Census, 1930, California, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles City, Assembly District 82, Image 36 of 48. Age 14 yrs.
• U. S. City Directory, 1941, Riverside, California City Directory. Klein, Ambrose R (Frances) USA h4064 5th
• Death Records:, 2 Oct 1942, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Name: Ambrose R. Klein
State Registered: Hawaii
Death Date: 2 Oct 1942
Cemetery: Tablets of the Missing at Honolulu Memorial Cemetery
Burial Plot: Missing in Action or Buried at Sea
Cemetery City: Honolulu Cemetery
Country: Hawaii War: World War II
Awards: Purple Heart
Title: Master Sergeant
Rank: Master Sergeant
Service: U.S. Army Air Forces
Service ID: 6560653
Division: 394th Bomber Squadron, 5th Bomber Group, Heavy
Data Source: World War II Honor Roll
• Military Service:. He was the son of Emanuel Herman Klein and Ellen Mable (Roper) Klein. he married Frances Dirks and they had a daughter named Carol.
Klein was with the 7th Air Force, 5th Bombardment Group, 394th Bombardment Squadron. He was the bombardier on a B-17D flying from Bellows Field, Hawaii when they had mechanical problems and crashed into the sea, about 80 miles south of Oahu. All aboard were killed.
Because his body was not recovered, Klein's name is inscribed on the Tablets of the Missing. He received the Purple Heart.
Ambrose married Frances.