James K. Swink
- Born: 31 Jul 1883, Schuyler County, Illinois
- Marriage: Gladys Cox
- Died: 17 Jan 1934, Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois at age 50
- Buried: Plot: O-1-#34, Park Hill Cemetery, Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Illinois, Schuyler County, Browning Township, Image 6 of 31. Age 16 yrs., single, Wood Surveyer.
• Census, 1910, Kansas, Butler County, Union Township, Latham City, Image 4 of 8. Age 26 yrs., married 7 yrs., Carpenter, House.
• North Dakota Military Men, 25 Jul 1917-8 Mar 1919, Discharged at Camp Grant, Ill. Roster of the Men and Women Who Served in the Army or Naval Service (Including the Marine Corps) of the United States or its Allies from the State of North Dakota in the World War, 1917-1918
Name: James K. Swink
Army #: 45,781
Registrant: no, over age
Birth Place: Schuyler County, Ill.
Birth Date: 31 Jul 1883
Parent's Origin: of American parents
Comment: enlisted in Company C, 1st Infantry, North Dakota National Guard, at Grafton, on July 25, 1917; served in Company C, 1st Infantry, North Dakota National Guard (Company C, 164th Infantry), to Jan. 9, 1918; Machine Gun Company, 18th Infantry, to discharge. Grade: Private 1st Class, Sept. 1, 1918; overseas from Dec. 15, 1917, to Feb. 16, 1919. Engagements: Offensives: Aisne-Marne; St. Mihiel; Meuse-Argonne. Defensive: Montdidier-Noyon. Defensive Sectors: Ansauville and Saizerais (Lorraine); Cantigny (Picardy). Discharged at Camp Grant, Ill., on March 8, 1919, as a Private 1st Class.
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Butler County, Union Township, District 40, Image 5 of 13. Age 36 yrs., widow, carpenter.
• Census, 1930, Illinois, McDonough County, Bushnell Township, Image 8 of 27. Age 46 yrs., age of first marriage: 19 yrs., Manager, Grocery Store.
687 N Sperry St,
Bushnell, IL 61422-1519
James married Gladys Cox.