Erma Bernice Dick
- Born: 2 Sep 1899, Lastant, La Salle County, Illinois
- Marriage: William Windsor "Willie" Gunn Jr. on 18 Nov 1917 in Manhattan, Kansas
- Died: 5 Jan 1980, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska at age 80
- Buried: 8 Jan 1980, Plot: Block 10, Lot 108, Evergreen Cemetery, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1900, Illinois, La Salle County, South Ottawa Township, Roll 317 Book 1, Page 260a. Age 9/12 yr.
• Census, 1905, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Richland Township, Mankato Post Office, Image 25 of 50. Age 5 yrs.
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, Beaver Township, Roll 852 Book 2, Page 12a. Age 10 yrs.
• Census, 1915, Kansas State Census Collection, Republic County, White Rock Township, Image 35 of 57. Age 15 yrs.
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Republic County, Big Bend Township, Roll 547 Book 1, Page 47a. Age 20 yrs.
• Census, 1925, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Image 3 of 50. Age 25 yrs.
• Newspaper Article, 19 Sep 1929, Belleville Telescope. Mrs. William Gunn, is quite sick with pneumonia, and a trained nurse is caring for her.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Roll 706 Book 1, Page 106b. Age 30 yrs., age of first marriage 18 yrs.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Image 6 of 8. Age 40 yrs.
• Newspaper Article: The Scandia Journal, 29 Aug 1940, Scandia, Kansas. Mrs. Will Gunn and Kathleen of Superior, Nebr., were Wednesday afternoon guests of Miss Virginia Paul.
• Newspaper Article: Jewell County Record, 20 Feb 1964, Jewell County, Kansas. Mrs. W. W. Gunn went to Colby on Saturday to help care for a new grand daughter at the Cliff Ault home. The baby was born Sunday morning. She has three brothers to welcome her.
• Newspaper Article: Jewell County Record, 7 Sep 1972, Superior, Knuckols County, Nebraska.
SURPRISE BIRTHDAY DINNER
Mrs. Will Gunn of Superior was honored with a surprise birthday dinner party at the Buffalo Roam Steak House Sunday. All five of her daughters were present. Those attending were Mr. and Mrs. Will Gunn, Mr. and Mrs. Maurice Lawson, Mrs. Don Rudicel, Debra, Denise and David of Penalosa, Kans., Mr. and Mrs. Marvin McDill, Richard and Michael of Belleville, Marian Ault, Douglas, David and Deanna of Salina, Mr. and Mrs. Barney Crook and Julie, Superior, and Mr. and Mrs. A. T. Kramer.
• Obituary, 17 Jan 1980, Belleville Telescope.
Erma Bernice Gunn, daughter of William Sherman Dick and Elizabeth Marjorie Ireland was born September 2, 1899, in La Salle, Ill., and died at the Nuckolls County Hospital in Superior January 5, 1980, at the age of 80 years, 4 months and 3 days.
She moved with her family at the age of three months to Liberty, Nebraska, and lived there until 1903, when they moved to Rubens, Jewell County, Kans., and later to Superior before moving to Courtland in 1913.
She attended schools in the various communities and graduated from the Lincoln school in Republic County.
She was united in marriage to William Windsor Gunn, Jr., of Jewell County, Kans., November 18, 1917, in Manhattan. Five daughters were born to this union.
They lived on a farm in Republic County until 1924, and then moved to Webber where they resided until retiring and moving to Superior in 1971.
She was a member of the Lincoln Methodist Church in Republic County, United Methodist Church of Webber, Rebekah Lodge of Hardy, Rebekah Kensington Club and Past Noble Grands of Superior, and a charter member of the UMW.
Preceding her in death were her parents; husband; one daughter, Marian; two sisters, Nina Belle Dailey and Gladys Vivienne Rupert; one brother, Harry Dale Dick.
Survivors include her daughters: Mrs. Maurice (Bernice) Lawson, Penalosa, Kans., Mrs. Tobe (Kathleen) Kramer, Mankato, Mrs. Barney (Evelyn) Crook, Superior, Mrs. Marvin (Eilene) McDill, Belleville; thirteen grandchildren, twelve great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Services were held at the United Methodist Church of Webber January 8, with the Rev. Arnold Roland officiating. Burial was in Evergreen Cemetery in Superior.
Erma married William Windsor "Willie" Gunn Jr., son of William Windsor Gunn Sr. and Mary Ellen Vale, on 18 Nov 1917 in Manhattan, Kansas. (William Windsor "Willie" Gunn Jr. was born on 25 Jan 1892 in Buffalo Township, Barton County, Kansas, died on 22 Aug 1976 in Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska and was buried in Plot: Block 10, Lot 108, Evergreen Cemetery, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska.)