Claud Earl Bucher
- Born: 14 Feb 1883, Martintown, Green County, Wisconsin
- Marriage: Ethel Irene Wales on 4 Jul 1906 in Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois
- Died: 5 Oct 1915, Williamsville, Sangamon County, Illinois at age 32
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Illinois, Stephenson County, Winslow Township, District 111, Page 26 of 26. Age 17 yrs., single, farm laborer.
• Census, 1910, Illinois, Cook County, Ridgeville Township, Evanston City, Ward 1, District 98, Page 12 of 32. Age 27 yrs., married 3 yrs., student.
• Biography, 1915. Claude Earl Bucher, eldest of the seven children of Mary Lincoln "Tinty" Martin and Elwood Byron Bucher, was born 14 February 1883 in Martintown, Green County, WI. He spent his early childhood there, attending Martin School. As an adolescent he and his family moved just across the state line to Winslow, Stephenson County, IL, where he attended Winslow High School.
Claude married Ethel Wales in about 1907. They had four children. As a young couple they lived in Evanston, Cook County, IL, where Claude studied medicine at Chicago's Rush Medical College. He worked in retail sales and he and Ethel took in lodgers to make ends meet until he got his license. To be a graduate of that institution was a mark of distinction, and Claude was able to come back to Stephenson County walking proud. He and Ethel lived at first back home in Winslow, but soon moved on to the "big town" of the county, Freeport, where Claude's client base would be more robust.
Claude passed away in his early thirties. He was killed in an accident while making a house call to a patient during a snowstorm. The date of death was 5 October 1915. His final child, Helen Claudia Bucher, had barely been conceived and was born nearly nine months after his death. Widow Ethel lived six more decades. She took shelter with her parents in Stephenson County while the kids were young, and settled long term in Decatur, Macon County, IL. Both sons of the family followed the example of their father and became doctors after graduating from Rush Medical College.
Claud married Ethel Irene Wales, daughter of Adam Jay Wales and Harriet Jerusha Diveley, on 4 Jul 1906 in Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois. (Ethel Irene Wales was born on 15 Dec 1885 in McConnell, Stephenson County, Illinois and died Auguts 1975 in Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois.)