- Born: 14 Aug 1846, Three Rivers, St. Joseph County, Michigan
- Marriage: Mary Ellen Lee in 1876 in Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa
- Died: 27 May 1933, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado at age 86
- Buried: Grandview Cemetery, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1850, MIchigan, St. Joseph County, Fabius Township, Image 9 of 12. Age 4 yrs.
• Census, 1870, Iowa, Mills County, Glenwood Township, Glenwood Post Office, Image 8 of 15. Age 24 yrs., works on farm.
• Census, 1880, Iowa, Mills County, Glenwood Township District 129, Image 3 of 50. Age 33 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1900, Colorado, Larimer County, Precinct 10, District 213, Image 5 of 9. Age 53 yrs., widow, farmer.
• Census, 1910, Colorado, Larimer County, Precinct 36, District 237, Image 1 of 4. Age 63 yrs., widow, farmer, general farm.
• Census, 1920, Colorado, Larimer County, Laporte, District 145, Image 8 of 13. Age 73 yrs., widow, farmer, fruit farm.
• Census, 1930, Colorado, Larimer County, Laporte, District 7, Image 3 of 16. Age 83 yrs., widow.
• Obituary: Fort Collins Express Courier, 27 May 1933, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado. "Reed Farrar Laporte Pioneer Passes Away"
Reed Farrar, pioneer Laporte rancher, died at his home at Laporte Saturday night at 8 o'clock. He would have been 87 in August had he lived. He was active until six months before his death. Lately he has been declining in health however. The cause of his death was dropsy and heart trouble coupled with old age.
He is survived by eight children, Martin Farrar,Arthur Farrar, Mrs. Jessie Brandis and Mrs. Walter Dixon all of the vicinity of Fort Collins and Don Farrar, Red Wing Colorado, Mrs. Grace Black, Sioux City, Iowa, Mrs. Julia Knight, Laramie, Wyoming and Mrs. Ethel Cameron, Kirkland, Washington.
All of his children were present at his bedside except Mrs. Black and Mrs. Cameron. Plans for his funeral will be made when word is received from them. Buriel will be at Grandview Cemetery.
Reed Farrar was born on August 14, 1847 in Three Rivers, Michigan to Josiah and Julia Arnold Farrar. He first came to Colorado in 1863. He returned to Glenwood, Iowa and married Mary Ellen Lee in Glenwood, Iowa in 1876. In 1882 he came to Laporte and has made his home there ever since. His wife died in 1896. Two children Winifred and Nina also are dead."
Reed married Mary Ellen Lee, daughter of Thomas H. Lee and Lydia Tucker Wilson, in 1876 in Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa. (Mary Ellen Lee was born on 29 Jan 1860 in Wayne County, Iowa, died on 21 Dec 1896 in Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado and was buried in Grandview Cemetery, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado.)