Glen Herbert Crook
- Born: 22 Nov 1910, Mt. Clare, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Marriage: Helen Mae Thayer after 1930 in Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Died: 1 Aug 1975, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska at age 64
- Buried: Evergreen Cemetery, Superior Nuckolls County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, Alban Township, District 155, Image 2 of 9. Age 9 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, City of Superior, District 22, Image 38 of 61. Age 19 yrs., Painter.
• Social Security Death Index, 7 Aug 1975, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska. Name: Glen Crook
Last Residence: 68978 Superior, Nuckolls, Nebraska, United States of America
Born: 22 Nov 1910
Died: Aug 1975
State (Year) SSN issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
• Obituary, 7 Aug 1975, The Nelson Gazette. Glen Herbert Crook, son of seven children of John L. and Mary Zeigler Crook, was born at Mt. Clare, Nebraska, on November 22, 1910.
He grew up at Mt. Clare and was educated there. Glen was married to Helen Mae Thayer on June 16, 1933 at Mankato, Kansas. To this union three children were born.
He was baptised at Guide Rock in 1950. At the time of his death he was a member of the Church of Christ in Superior. Most of his life was spent in Superior. Most of his life was spent in Superior, where he was a house painter and paper hanger. He took great pride in his work and had worked for a great many people in the Superior area. Beside Superior he also lived at Nora, Nebraska and Hutchinson, Kansas for a short time.
Glen loved the out of doors, enjoyed fishing and hunting and being with his many fishing and hunting buddies and reminiscing about the many good times of the past. He was a proud father, taking great pride in his children and their accomplishments.
Glen was preceded in death by his mother; a brother and a sister.
He is survived by his widow, Helen; a daughte, Sharon (Mrs. Michael Schmaltz) of Denver, Colorado; two sons, John D. of Omaha and Dr. Gary Crook of Atlanta, Georgia; his father, John L. and his wife, Ola, of Superior; 2 sisters, Mrs. Gordon McKee of Superior and Mrs. Vance Ellis of Sun City, California; 2 brothers, Barney, Superior and Dale, Corning, California and 5 grandchildren.
Glen died on August 1, 1975, in Superior at the age of 64 years, 8 months and 9 days.
Funeral services were held on Monday, August 4, 1975 at 2 p.m. at the Megrue-Price Funeral Home Chapel with Gordon Springer officiating. Burial was in the Evergreen Cemetery, Superior. The arrangements were by the Megrue-Price Funeral Home of Superior. Casketbearers were Fred Troudt, Ed Groves, Kenneth Andersen, Glenn Jackson, Harold Gharring and Loren Hoskins.
Glen married Helen Mae Thayer after 1930 in Nuckolls County, Nebraska. (Helen Mae Thayer was born on 31 Mar 1914 in Nora, Nuckolls County, Nebraska and died on 18 Mar 1979 in Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska.)