Velma Mae "Ella" Crook
- Born: 8 Jul 1920, Mt. Clare, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Marriage: Vance Keith Ellis on 9 Jul 1941 in Mt. Clemens, Macomb County, Michigan
- Died: 30 Sep 2007, Superior, Knuckols County, Nebraska at age 87
- Buried: Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, San Bernardino County, California
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, City of Superior, District 22, Image 38 of 61. Age 9 yrs.
• Obituary, 30 Sep 2007. Velma Mae Ellis, the daughter of John and Elizabeth (Zeigler) Crook, was born on July 8, 1920 near Mt. Clare, Nebraska. She passed away on September 30, 2007 at the Superior Good Samaritan Center in Superior, Nebraska at the age of 87 years, 2 months and 22 days.
Velma graduated from Superior High School. She was united in marriage on July 9, 1941 to Vance K. Ellis Sr. at Mount Clemens, Michigan.
Velma was preceded in death by her parents, John and Elizabeth, her husband Vance Ellis on October 4, 1988; two sisters, Nellie Hansen and Lucille McKee and four brothers, Glenn Crook, Percy Crook, Dale Crook and Barney Crook.
She is survived by her son Vance K. Ellis Jr. and wife Kathy of Parker, Colorado, her grandchildren, Shannon and Shane Ellis and a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
A private memorial service will be held at Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, California at a later date.
Condolences may be sent in care of www.pricefuneralhomes.com
Megrue-Price Funeral Home of Superior, Nebraska was in charge of the
Velma married Vance Keith Ellis on 9 Jul 1941 in Mt. Clemens, Macomb County, Michigan. (Vance Keith Ellis was born on 23 Dec 1919 in Ash Grove, Lincoln County, Kansas, died on 4 Oct 1988 in Loma Linda, San Bernardino County, California and was buried in Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, San Bernardino County, California.)