Nellie LaVonne Crook
- Born: 27 Mar 1927, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Died: 11 Mar 1971, Seward, Seward County, Nebraska at age 43
- Buried: Evergreen Cemetery, Superior Nuckolls County, Nebraska
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Nuckolls County, City of Superior, District 22, Image 38 of 61. Age 3 yrs.
• Obituary, Mar 1971, Superior, Knuckols County, Nebraska. Funeral services for Mrs. LeRoy Hanson were held in the First United Presbyterian Church in Seward Saturday forenoon. Graveside services and burial was in Evergreen Cemetery Saturday afternoon. After a lingering illness, Mrs. Hanson died March 11 at Seward Memorial Hospital at the age of 43 years, 11 months, and 16 days.
Nellie LaVonne Crook Hanson was born March 27, 1927, in Superior to John and Mae Crook. She spent her childhood in Superior, attending public schools and graduating from Superior High School with the class of 1944.
On Sept. 16, 1945, she was joined in marriage to LeRoy Hanson, also of Superior. The early years of their marriage were spent in Nebraska and California. To this marriage was born one child, Adele Christine. The family moved to Seward, Neb., in March, 1957, where they have since resided.
Mrs. Hanson will be remembered by the many children who attended her Sunday School class, her fellow employees at Hughes' Brothers, and her many friends of the Seward and Superior communities. She enjoyed reading and sewing and was a deaconess and active leader in her church.
She is survived by her husband and daughter; her father, John Crook; and three brothers and two sisters, Glen, Berniece and Mrs. Gordon McKee (Lucille) of Superior, Dale of Corning, Calif., and Mrs. Vance Ellis (Velma) of West Covina, Calif. Her mother and a brother, Percy preceded her in death.