Elizabeth Ellen Regensberg
- Born: 7 Dec 1912, Guadalupita, Mora County, New Mexico
- Marriage: Isaac Preston Gunn on 24 Jul 1933 in Las Vegas, New Mexico
- Died: 6 Apr 2000, Belleville, Republic County, Kansas at age 87
- Buried: Rose Mound Cemetery, Republic County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1930, New Mexico, San Miguel County, Las Vegas City, Ward 2, District 31, Image 12 of 16. Age 17 yrs., single, Sales Lady, Dry Goods.
• Census, 1940, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Image 5 of 8. Age 30 yrs.
• Obituary, 1999, Belleville, Republic County, Kansas. Elizabeth Ellen Gunn, 87, daughter of Joseph and Lillian (Miller) Regensberg, was born Dec. 7, 1912, in Mora County near Guadalupita, N.M. She died Thursday at the Lutheran Care Home in Belleville.
Ellen, as she was known to most, was the oldest of 10 children. She moved with her family as a pre-schooler to Las Vegas, N. M., where she attended Las Vegas Public Schools. She also worked in retail at Montgomery Ward in Las Vegas.
On July 24, 1933, in Las Vegas, she married Preston Gunn. They moved to Jewell County.
While living in Jewell County she served on the Star School District Board, and was a member of the Union Church in Hardy. She wrote 'Down South', a news column, in the Hardy Herald for many years, she continued to write for The Superior Express after the Herald closed.
She was an active member of the White Rock Ladies Aide and Jewell Social Circle. Quilting was both a hobby and a business. Her records showed 137 quilts quilted after 1975. At one time she raised African Violets by the hundreds. She had one room on the south that was nothing but African Violets.
Ellen remained on the family farm until she entered the nursing home in May of 1995.
She is preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Preston, on Sept. 21, 1974; two sons, Don and Ed, a grandson; two sisters, Lorraine Lucero and an infant, Alene; brothers, Charles, Robert, Joseph, Hubert and Clifford Regensberg.
She is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Jack Skinner (Sandra), a son, Steve, both of Superior; two daughters-in-law; two sisters, Bertha Wells, Clovis, N.M., and Rosemarie McCurry, Santa Fe, N.M.; 11 grandchildren; and five great-granddaughters.
Services were held Monday from the Megrue-Price Funeral Home Chapel in Superior, with Pastor Jon Albrecht officiating.
Interment was in the Rosemound Cemetery south of Hardy.
Elizabeth married Isaac Preston Gunn, son of William Windsor Gunn Sr. and Mary Ellen Vale, on 24 Jul 1933 in Las Vegas, New Mexico. (Isaac Preston Gunn was born on 22 Apr 1897 in Jackson Township, Jewell County, Kansas, died on 21 Sep 1974 in Mary Lanning Hospital, Hastings, Nebraska and was buried in Rose Mound Cemetery, Republic County, Kansas.)