James Wesley Ireland Jr.
- Born: 15 Jul 1922, Trenton, Hitchcock County Nebraska
- Marriage (1): Dorothy Lucille Baumbach in 1955 in Idaho Spring, Colorado
- Marriage (2): Mary Sue Murchison
- Died: 13 Oct 1975, Denver, Adams County, Colorado at age 53
- Buried: Saint Catherine Cemetery, Indianola, Red River County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1940, Nebraska, Dundy County, Benkelman Township, Image 22 of 40. Age 17 yrs., single.
• Obituary, Oct 1975, Benkelman, Nebraska. James Wesley Ireland, Jr. died Monday, October 13th at the Beth-Israel Hospital, Denver, at the age of 53. He was a cancer victim.
He was born July 15, 1922 at Trenton, the son of Wesley and Ida Ireland. He attended the Trenton Schools, the Missouri Military Academy and Notre Dame University. He entered the military service in 1943. He was married to Lucille Marsh in 1955 and they moved to Denver in 1956 where he was employed by Neusteter's Fashion Stores, serving as vice-president since 1973. He was a World War II veteran and served in the Korean conflict.
Survivors are his widow, Lucille; two sons, James W. Ireland. III of Austin, Texas and Walter D. Marsh of Indianola, Nebraska; three daughters, Mrs. Albert (Susan) Lock of Renner, Texas; Mrs. Curtis (Theresa) Schwarzlose and Mrs. Bob (Becky) Peebles, both of Austin, Texas; seven grandchildren; his mother, Mrs. Ida Ireland of Seal Beach, California, and a sister, Mrs. Jean Anderson of Omaha.
Services were held at 9:00 a m. Wednesay, October 15th at Olinger's Chapel in Denver. Graveside services were held at 10:00 Thursday morning, October 15th in St Catherine's Cemetery, Indianola, Nebr., with the Rt. Rev. Msgr. Raymond Wageman officiating.
James married Dorothy Lucille Baumbach, daughter of William Frederick Baumbach and Lillian Marie Junker, in 1955 in Idaho Spring, Colorado. (Dorothy Lucille Baumbach was born on 28 Jan 1920 in Indianola, Red Willow County, Nebraska, died on 29 Dec 2005 in McCook, Red Willow County, Nebraska and was buried in Saint Catherine Cemetery, Indianola, Red Willow County, Nebraska.)
James next married Mary Sue Murchison, daughter of Walter Hamilton Murchison and Mary Erhard Bell. (Mary Sue Murchison was born in 1923 and died in 1984.)