|Lydia Ann "Anna" Martin
Lydia Ann "Anna" Martin
Noted events in her life were:
• Note: Marriage. Lydia Ann Martin was first married to Corwin M Vale, a distant relative of Asahel. Widowed by Corwin and with 3 children still at home after nine, she married Asahel Walker Vale.
• Census, 1900, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, District 54, Image 6 of 16. Age 51 yrs., married 33 yrs., mother of 11 children, 7 children living, father born Ohio, mother born Ohio.
• Census, 1905, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Jackson Township, Image 17 of 72. Age 56 yrs.
• Census, 1910, Iowa, Polk County Des Moines City, Ward 1, District 79, Image 16 of 23. Age 61 yrs., marriages: 2, married 14 yrs., mother of 11 children, 7 children living.
• Census, 1920, Iowa, Polk County, Des Moines City, Ward 1, Precinct #6, 85, District Image 10 of 35. Age 65 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Iowa, Polk County, Des Moines Township, Des Moines City, District 14, Image 24 of 67. Age 81 yrs., widow.
• U.S. City Directory, 1930, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa. Lydia A. (widow A. Walker) 719 24th Street
Lydia married Asahel Walker Vale, son of Isaac Vale and Mary Ann Walker, on 21 Oct 1896 in Jewell County, Kansas. (Asahel Walker Vale was born on 20 Feb 1844 in Warrington, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, died on 1 Nov 1923 in Polk City, Polk County, Iowa and was buried in Masonic Cemetery, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa - Plot: Block A.)
Lydia next married Dr. Corwin Myah Vale, son of John Thomas Vale and Lydia Richardson, about 1870 in Ohio. (Dr. Corwin Myah Vale was born on 8 Feb 1849 in Ohio, died on 4 Dec 1887 in Ohio and was buried in East Carmel Cemetery, Middleton, Columbiana County, Ohio.)