Verla Lois Vale
- Born: 21 May 1912, Weber, Jewell County, Kansas
- Died: 10 Aug 2004, Superior, Knuckols County, Nebraska at age 92
- Buried: 16 Aug 2004, Olive Hill Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1920, Iowa, Polk County, Webster Township, District 187, Image 13 of 32. Age 7 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, District 21, Image 1 of 9. Age 17 yrs., single.
• Obituary, Aug 2004, Salina Journal, Salina, Kansas. SUPERIOR, Neb. -- Verla L. Roe, 92, Superior, died Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2004.
Mrs. Roe was born Verla L. Vale on May 21, 1912, in Webber, Kan. She was a homemaker and also worked as a sales clerk at the Coast to Coast Store in Superior.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Glen in 1971; and a grandson.
Survivors include two sons, Gary and Roger, both of Superior; a daughter, Carol Ann Garman of Scandia, Kan.; seven grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Megrue-Price Funeral Home Chapel, 750 N. Commercial, Superior 68978. Burial will be in Olive Hill Cemetery, South Superior.
Memorials may be given in care of the family.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, where the family will receive friends from 7 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
• Obituary: The Nelson Gazette, Thursday, August 19, 2004, Jewell County, Kansas. Verla Lois Rose, the daughter of Wilber and Mona (Marshall) Vale, was born on May 21, 1912 on her parent's farm near Webber, KS. She passed away on August 10, 2004 at Brodstone Memorial Hospital in Superior, NE at the age of 92 years, 2 months and 20 days.
On September 28, 1935 she was united in marriage to Glen J. Roe. This union was blessed with 3 children.
Preceding her in death were her parents, husband Glen on October 19, 1971; two brothers Marshall and Donald Vale, and three sisters, Wilma Langer, Vida Foltz, Dorthea Saum and one grandson, Jeffery Eugene Roe.
Survivors include her two sons, Gary and wife Velda and Roger and wife Carol all of Superior, NE; and one daughter, Carol Ann Garman and husband Terry of Scandia, KS; seven grandchildren, Gregg Roe, Joni Roe, John Roe, Angie Roe Hilgendorf, Todd Garman, Tracy Garman Hannaman and Troy Garman, 19 great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends.
Funeral services were held on Monday, August 16, 2004 at (sic) from the Megrue-Price Funeral Home Chapel in Superior, NE.
Pallbearers were Gregg Roe, John Roe, Todd Garman, Troy Garman, Scott Hannaman, and Erik Hilgendorf. Honorary Pallbearers were Roy Blauvelt, Woody Wilson, Wylie Blair, Robert Harvey, Harold Kramp and Lee Malmos.
Interment was in the Olive Hill Cemetery, So. Superior, NE.