Issac Clinton "Ike" Marshall
- Born: 1 Dec 1887, Webber, Jewell County, Kansas
- Marriage: Cora Vestal on 24 Jun 1903 in Jewell County, Kansas
- Died: 4 Oct 1946, Jewell County, Kansas at age 58
- Buried: Fairview Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Kansas, Jewell County, Jackson Township, District 54, Image 4 of 16. Age 12 yrs.
• Census, 1920, Kansas, Jewell County, SInclair Township, District 74, Image 7 of 14. Age 35 yrs., farmer, general farm.
• Obituary, Oct 1946, Webber, Jewell County, Kansas. ..Isaac Marshall, 62, lifelong resident of the vicinity north of Lovewell, died suddenly Friday night, Oct. 4. He was a brother of the late Mrs. W. E. McCoy, who died two weeks ago.
..The funeral was held at 2:30 P.M., Tuesday from the Methodist Church in Webber, Kans., conducted by Rev. John R. Buckwell of Superior and burial was in Fairview Cemetery. The following obituary was read at the services:
Isaac Clinton Marshall, son of Joel and Elizabeth Marshall, was born near Webber, Kans., Dec. 1, 1884. He has lived his entire life in this community. Mr. Marshall was one of ten children, having eight sisters and one brother. This family spent many happy hours together.
..On June 24, 1903 Isaac C. Marshall and Miss Cora Vestal were united in marriage. Three daughters were born to this union. "Ike" as he was commonly known, had apparently been in good health, but a sudden illness caused him to depart from this life, at his home, Oct. 4, 1946 at the age of 61 years, 10 months and 3 days. His sudden death came as a great shock to his relatives and friends. "Ike" was a clean man in every respect. He was kind hearted, unselfish, a friend one could always trust. He was a constant helper in local church affairs and a liberal contributor to all worthy causes. To know him was to admire and love him.
..He leaves to mourn his passing: his loving wife and two daughters, Mrs. Vesta Leece and Mrs. Theda Kleck, both of Webber, one grand-daughter Diane, and five sisters, Mrs. Mary Gleason and Mrs. Clara Myers of Wichita, Mrs. Drusella Wyscaver, Twisp, Wash., Mrs. Laura Hutcheson, College Springs, Iowa, Mrs. Mona Vale, Superior. Three sisters, Gulana, Minnie and Hannah and William, a brother, one daughter and a granddaughter, Loretta Joan, preceded him in death. Other relatives and a host of true and admiring friends are left to mourn his death.
Issac married Cora Vestal, daughter of Henry Clay Vestal and Catharine Ann Markle, on 24 Jun 1903 in Jewell County, Kansas. (Cora Vestal was born on 6 Mar 1885 in Webber, Jewell County, Kansas, died on 3 Dec 1972 in Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska and was buried in Fairview Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas.)