Henry Clay Vestal
- Born: 22 Mar 1842, Indiana
- Marriage: Catharine Ann Markle on 26 Oct 1869 in Iowa
- Died: 24 Sep 1900, Webber, Jewell County, Kansas at age 58
- Buried: Fairview Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary, 4 Oct 1900, The Express and Superior Sun. Henry Clay was the son of Simon Hadley and Alley Jane Chambers Vestal. He was married to Catharine Ann Markle on October 26, 1869 in Iowa.
..Henry Clay's sister, Mary Gertrude Vestal, married Catharine's brother, George Washington Markle.
..Henry and Catharine's children were Geroge S., John C. Vestal, Charles Oscar, Eva Elizabeth and Cora M.
..Henry Clay was in the Civil War and enlisted Aug. 2, 1862 as a private in A Co. 23rd Inf.Reg.IA. Mustered out at Harrisburg, TX on July 26, 1865.
The Express and Superior Sun October 4, 1900
..The death of Henry Vestal last week took from this community one of the oldest and most respected citizens. He had only friends among those who knew him and his loss will be widely felt. He was a member of the GAR post at Webber.
..The funeral was conducted by Reverends Steven and Jennings and was held from the house. The remains were laid to rest in Fairview Cemetery.
Henry married Catharine Ann Markle on 26 Oct 1869 in Iowa. (Catharine Ann Markle was born on 31 Dec 1843 in Parke County, Indiana, died on 23 Feb 1921 in Webber, Jewell County, Kansas and was buried on 27 Feb 1921 in Fairview Cemetery, Jewell County, Kansas.)