Lyman Clair Ault
- Born: 28 Oct 1880, Ionia Township, Jewell County, Kansas
- Marriage: Nellie Adelphia Fuqua on 4 Dec 1910 in Lamar, Valley Precinct, Chase County, Nebraska at the home of Samuel & Rose Fuqua, Nellie's parents
- Died: 22 Jul 1931, Colby, Thomas County, Kansas at age 50
- Buried: Athens Cemetery, Athens Township, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1885, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 22-23 of 54. Age 4 yrs.
• Census, 1895, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Ionia Post Office, Image 18-19 of 29. Age 14 yrs., attended school within the year.
• Census, 1900, Nebraska, Butler County, Savannah Township, Page 275a. Age 19 yrs. Occupation farm hand / farm laborer.
• Census, 1905, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 31 of 66. Age 24 yrs.
• WWI Draft Registration, 12 Sep 1918, Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska.
Name: Lyman Clair Ault
Permanent Home Address: Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
Native Born: Yes
Present Occupation: Farmer
Employer's Name: Self
Place of Employment or Business: Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
Nearest Relative: Nellie Adelphia Ault
Nearest Relative Address: Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska
Color of Eyes: Lt. Blue
Color of Hair: Lt. Brown, SB (Slight Balding)
Has this person lost arm, leg, hand, eye or is he obviously physically disqualified: No
• Census, 1920, Nebraska, Chase County, Lamar Precinct, Cheyenne Street, Roll 983 Book 2, Page 43b. Age 33 yrs. Profession, Occupation, or Trade shows Dealer, Produce Company.
• Census, 1925, Schedule 1 - Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Image 10 of 44. Age 40 yrs.
• Census: Schedule 2 - Agriculture, 1925, Kansas State Census Collection, Jewell County, Ionia Township.
Name: L.C. Ault
Post Office address: Mankato
Total Acres in farm (include land rented from others): 140 acres
Number of acres sown or to be sown or planted for the crop of 1925: Corn: 70 acres
Number of acres sown or to be sown or planted for the crop of 1925: Oats: 18 acres
Number of acres sown or to be sown or planted for the crop of 1925: Irish potatoes: ½ acre
Number of acres sown or to be sown or planted for the crop of 1925: Sorghum: For forage: 4 acres
Alfalfa: total acres: 5
Pasture: native prairie grass pasture: Acres: 35
Production, 1924: Corn: Bushels Raised: 1,000
Dairy Products: For Year Ending March 1, 1925: Made in Family: Butter: Pounds made: 200
Dairy Products: For Year Ending March 1, 1925: Value of milk and cream sold to creameries, cream stations, condensaries, and ice cream or cheese factories: 50
Poultry: Hens (chickens), number on hand March 1, 1925: 10
Poultry: Value of poultry and eggs sold during the year ending March 1, 1925: $25
Live Stock Sold for Meat: Value of animals fattened and slaughtered or sold for slaughter during the year ending March 1, 1925: $150
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Horses: 4
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Mules and asses: 2
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Milk cows, all kinds and values: 3
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: All other cattle: 2
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Swine: Sows, bred for spring litters: 3
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Swine: All other swine: 14
Live Stock on hand March 1, 1925: Dogs: 1
Agriculture (Farm Equipment on farm March 1, 1925: Cream separators: 1
• Census, 1930, Kansas, Jewell County, Ionia Township, Roll 706, Book 1, Page 100a. Age 45 yrs. Age of first marriage 27 yrs. Farmer, general farm.
• Obituary, 22 Jul 1931, Jewell County, Kansas.
Lyman Clair Ault was born on the old home farm near Ionia, Kansas October 28, 1880 where he spent his young life. December 4, 1910 he was married to Nellie Fuqua at Lamar Nebraska.
He was united with the Christian Church at Lamar, Nebraska in 1909.
He passed away in his sleep to a heart attack at the age of 50 years and 9 months July 22, 1931 at Colby Kansas where he was harvesting.
To this union ten children were born, five sons and five daughters. Glen, Sylvia, Goldie, Pearl, Ruby, Opal, William, Wayne, Clifton and Raymond.
They lived at Lamar, Nebraska the first eleven years of their married life. In 1921 they moved to Decatur, Arkansas where they lived for just over one year. On September 9, 1923 they left Arkansas with nine children by covered wagon for a farm four miles north east of Ionia, Kansas arriving September 30. He lived here until he passed away.
He leaves to mourn his death his wife, Nellie and ten children all of the home. Also he leaves an aged mother and four brothers, Roy of Washington, Turner and family of Athens, Dr. L. E. and family of Esbon and Glen and family of Hobart, Oklahoma and many friends and neighbors.
Clair was a loving and devoted husband and father. He will be sadly missed by this family and neighbors.
Funeral services were conducted Friday afternoon at the United Brethren Church in Ionia by Rev. Leater Farbs. Burial in the Ionia (Athens) Cemetery.
• Note: Headstone Inscription: Athens Cemetery, Athens Township, Jewell County, Kansas. Inscription on rear of Lyman C. and Nellie A. Ault headstone:
A LIFE LIKE THEIRS HAS LEFT A RECORD SWEET FOR MEMORY TO DWELL UPON
NOTHING NOW IS LEFT BUT A MAJESTIC MEMORY
• Newspaper Article: Jewell County Record, 16 Sep 1993, Jewell County, Kansas.
Ault reunion - The Ault reunion was Aug. 7, 1993 at the shelter house in Gage Park in Topeka. A potluck dinner was at noon, the afternoon was spent taking pictures and visiting and updating the family tree history book.
Those present were Loren and Karen Ault and Jason, Susan and Sondra, Hunter, OK; Ralph and Janice Rankin, Roger, AR; Bill and Evelyn Ault, Hays; Ray and Clella Ault. Topeka; Richard and Pearl Diers, Concordia; Mary K. Ault, Arvada, CO; Roy and Charlene Diers. Hastings, NE; Paula and Dustin Southworth, Hastings, NE: Ron and Carolyn Gendre and Valerie, Abigail, and Joseph, Cheney; Ruby Sutton, Ionia; Robert and Vickie Hall and Robby. Jonathon and Katy, Belleville, IL; Dorothy and Glen Ault from Basalt CO; Yvonne Tracy, Bentonville, AR; Edith Hickman, Washburn, MO; Ron and Levern Ault, Rogers, AR; Opal Hall, Sterling, Roger and Andrea Rooker and Eric. Topeka; Alice Ault, Topeka; Gerald and Rayna Diers and Kevin, Carl and Kimberly, Baldwin,; Louise Ingram, DanTuell, EldenTuell, David and Stacie Tuell and Jessica, all of Topeka; Roy and Marilyn Ault, LaHabra, CA; Chryssy and John Edwards and Tony and Megan, Topeka; Beryl and Merell Folsom. Colorado Springs, CO; Mark and Sally Folsom and Brianne, Colorado Springs, CO; Ross and Linda Ault and Christopher and Kaylie, Garden Grove, CA; Don and Shirley Crenshaw, Topeka; Terry and Jane Ault, Hays; Wade and Dalsha Olson and Keegan, Hays.
Lyman married Nellie Adelphia Fuqua, daughter of Samuel Curtis Fuqua and Rose Olivia "Rosey" Covert, on 4 Dec 1910 in Lamar, Valley Precinct, Chase County, Nebraska at the home of Samuel & Rose Fuqua, Nellie's parents. (Nellie Adelphia Fuqua was born on 2 Aug 1891 in Lamar, Chase County, Nebraska, died on 23 Aug 1977 in Concordia, Cloud County, Kansas and was buried on 27 Aug 1977 in Athens Cemetery, Athens Township, Jewell County, Kansas.)