Robert E. Lee
- Born: 27 Apr 1919, Bayard, Morrill County, Nebraska
- Marriage: Hazel Stogsdil in 1948 in Baxter Springs, Cherokee County, Kansas
- Died: 31 Jan 2009, Baxter Springs, Cherokee County, Kansas at age 89
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1920, Nebraska, Morrill County, Yockey Township, District 208, Image 4 of 10. Age 8/12 yr.
• Census, 1930, Oregon, Yamhill County, Precinct 24, District 36, Image 19 of 24. Age 10 yrs.
• WW II Army Enlistment Records, 16 May 1942, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. Name: Robert E Lee
Birth Year: 1919
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Nebraska
State of Residence: Oregon
County or City: Yamhill
Enlistment Date: 16 May 1942
Enlistment State: Oregon
Enlistment City: Portland
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life
• Social Security Death Index, 31 Jan 2009, Baxter Springs, Cherokee County, Kansas. Name: Robert E. Lee
Last Residence: 66713 Baxter Springs, Cherokee, Kansas
Born: 27 Apr 1919
Died: 31 Jan 2009
State (Year) SSN issued: Oregon (Before 1951
• Obituary: The Joplin Globe, Jan 2009, Baxter Springs, Cherokee County, Kansas. BAXTER SPRINGS, Kan. \emdash Robert E. Lee, age 89, of Baxter Springs, Kan., passed from this life, Saturday, Jan. 31, 2009, at St. John's Regional Medical Center, Joplin, Mo. Robert was born April 27, 1919, in Bayard, Neb., to the union of Edward and Lena (Wilke) Lee. He was united in marriage to Hazel Stogsdil in Baxter Springs in 1948. He served in the United States Army serving in World War II. He was a rural mail carrier for the United States Post Office for 30 years. Robert is survived by his wife of 61 years, Hazel Lee, of the home; one brother, James Lee and one sister, Jean Carroll, both of California; one sister-in-law, Gladys Ball, of Baxter Springs; along with many nieces and nephews and a host of friends. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 3, at Derfelt's Baxter Chapel, Baxter Springs. Rev. Claude Craig will officiate. The family will receive friends immediately following the services. Memorial donations may be made to The Salvation Army, 320 E. 8th Street, Joplin, Mo. 64801. Robert has been entrusted to Derfelt's for cremation. Arrangements are under the direction of Derfelt's Baxter Chapel.
Robert married Hazel Stogsdil in 1948 in Baxter Springs, Cherokee County, Kansas.