Donald Leroy Farrar
- Born: 23 Nov 1891, LaPorte, Larimer County, Colorado
- Died: 30 Jun 1945, Westcliff, Custer County, Colorado at age 53
- Buried: Ula Cemetery, Westcliff, Custer County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1900, Colorado, Larimer County, Precinct 10, District 213, Image 6 of 9. Age 8 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Colorado, Larimer County, Laporte, District 7, Image 3 of 16. Age 38 yrs., single, laborer.
• Obituary: Fort Collins Obituary, 6 Jul 1945. FUNERAL SERVICES HELD FOR DONALD L. FARRAR"
Funeral services for Donald L. Farrar, 52, who died last Saturday morning, were held at the Menzel Funeral Home Thursday afternoon with Rev. George W. Ellis conducting.
Mr. Farrar passed away at Colorado Hospital in Canon City after a brief illness. Afflicted with stomach ulcers, he entered the hospital June 23 and underwent an operation the following day. He rallied for a few days following the operation, but weakened late Thursday, the end coming at 9:30 Saturday morning.
He was a lifelong resident of this state, spending the past several years in Custer County, being engaged in the timber and trucking business. He had been employed by Hanssen Filling Station for the past several months.
He was a veteran of World War 1.
Mr. Farrar is survived by two brothers, Martin Farrar of Montrose and Arthur Farrar of Tabernash, and five sisters, Mrs. Dixon and Mrs. Brandis of Fort Collins, Mrs. H.A. Black of South Dakota, Mrs. Al Cameron of Kirkland, Washington and Mrs. J.O. Knight of Laramie. There are also several nieces and nephews.
Mr. Farrar, 54, was the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Reed Farrar, pioneer Colorado residents. He was born in LaPorte, Nov. 23, 1891.
Internment was in Ula cemetery with C.J. Schwab, John Loens, Noel Quick, Gayle Patterson, Jack Bauer and Fred W. Squire acting as pallbearers."